gobbler 16-Sep-19
wv_bowhunter 16-Sep-19
hookman 21-Sep-19
Babysaph 21-Sep-19
Koogie 23-Sep-19
Rutbuster 23-Sep-19
gobbler 23-Sep-19
23-Aug-19
Seen a few articles on this. Supposedly around summers co. Monroe co. Greenbrier co. I live in summers been scouting a good bit I haven’t seen any dead deer yet. Anyone else????

24-Aug-19
It’s centered around Pence Springs and upriver to Alderson. Most are in and around that area. A few around Green Sulpher Springs. A few on the south side of the Greenbrier River south of Alderson

26-Aug-19
Several dead deer around my place in Harrison County. My neighbor even found 2 dead calves.

05-Sep-19
The deer are dropping like flies around here with no end in sight. Its a long time until first frost.

05-Sep-19
I’ve heard it around Summersville lake also

05-Sep-19
The DNR had an article in our paper and said not many deer have died. It also said it can effect 20 % of the deer population. ?????

06-Sep-19
My understanding is that it can be very spotty but if it does hit your area then it can really affect the deer numbers in the breakout areas.

06-Sep-19
I would say so.

09-Sep-19
I'm in Monroe County 6 miles from Alderson. I've been walking a small creek the last couple weeks, this weekend I found 2 young deer. One died within the week, the other was well decomposed. Friday morning I had a large spike bedded on the edge of my yard, my beagle was barking at him. As I went to check him out he stumbled off, found it 2 days later on the edge of my pasture. Lately I've noticed a yearling feeding in the pasture and in my sorghum food plots. I don't live very close to any highway, so I'm deducing the possibility the doe may have succumbed to EHD. I've been getting pics of a couple nice 8 pointers in my sorghum plots the last couple weeks, it will be interesting if I continue to do so.

09-Sep-19
Koogie, u must not be to far from me. I haven’t seen or smelled any on my place yet but a neighbor of mine found a dead one in his pond last week

09-Sep-19
That's usually the sign. I've been up almost every weekend this summer and it's the first sign I've seen since hearing about possible EHD cases. I was wondering if this buck contracted in an old barn a half mile up our gravel road. He and 5 does/yearlings seemed to adopt it during the summer. I noticed he'd recently shed his velvet, and I noticed he wasn't in the barn last weekend. Who really knows? While patrolling the creek I did find some red oaks dropping and there was definite sign of feeding going on meaning the absence of dear in the pasture in large numbers is a non-factor, maybe, I hope.

10-Sep-19
I haven't noticed any dead yet. But, I drove 45 minutes home this evening and, the smell of rotting meat was heavy in areas around every creek or pond along the way. This was Mercer County

16-Sep-19

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
My place finally got hit

16-Sep-19
That sucks!

21-Sep-19
Took a little walk around in my hunting area with a couple small ponds involved. Saw or smelled nothing to think it has hit here. Keep fingers crossed for everyone.

21-Sep-19
Me either but I have some trail cam pics of some does that reall look thin,,

23-Sep-19
Found one more, a young yearling with faded spots. It appears the youngest are being affected more so than the bucks who are shedding. Usually EHD hits hardest during the time bucks shed which attracts insects to the blood. I'm starting to wonder if what I'm experiencing on my place is just stress from the unending heat and dry spell. Found no other deer, didn't smell the rank of death, getting pics of all the bucks I did earlier this summer. Next weekend I'll check my cameras again to be sure.

23-Sep-19
Things have seemed to calm down around my place. I quess the ones that are going to be affected by EHD have already died. There still seems to be several deer in the area.

23-Sep-19
I’ve checked my place the last 3 days and haven’t found anymore. Keeping my fingers crossed

• Sitka Gear