Mnhunter1980 25-Aug-19
stagetek 25-Aug-19
Mnhunter1980 25-Aug-19
Quickdraw 26-Aug-19
Mnhunter1980 26-Aug-19
ground hunter 26-Aug-19
JRW 28-Aug-19
23-Aug-19
Do any of you guys use a clicker? I am interested in trying one on my recurve to make sure I am hitting full draw consistently. Any suggestions on brand or tips would be appreciated.

23-Aug-19
Many swear by them. I swear at them. I've tried, and tried, and tried again, just can't seem to get them to work for me. It switches my concentration from picking a spot and shot sequence, to concentrating only on hearing a click. And for me, that blows everything up. But, don't let that stop you. Try one. Hopefully you will have better results.

23-Aug-19
Thanks stagetek, I can easily see where that could happen to me. I am pretty new with the recurve and havnt actually had anybody who shoots a stick bow critique my process. . I figured this was one way I could guarantee my draw was consistent each shot and take that element out of the equation. I am confident to 15 yards but I fall apart past that. Maybe having that 15 yd limit will make me a better hunter?

24-Aug-19
Does anyone hunt with a clicker? Or is that a bad idea?

25-Aug-19
Bad idea-you put so much effort and money into being stealthy. The last thing you want to do is throw that out the window at the most critical point.

25-Aug-19
Makes sense tweed. I think I will wait until I’m done hunting with it and put one in for next year.

25-Aug-19
It's really very easy to quiet a clicker so it won't spook animals. Just use some tape. Actually, you can feel the vibration when it clicks, you don't need to hear it. 3 Rivers has a blog on their website all about clickers. Very informative.

25-Aug-19
Thanks stagetek I will check it out.

26-Aug-19
I just put a clicker on my longbow this summer and i absolutely love it. I had been struggling with target panic, and would always short draw my bow. I modified it right away and took off the string and chain system that it came with and replaced it with D loop material. Then added 3 layers of Gorilla tape to silence the clicker blade. My accuracy has increased dramatically. I will probably always have a clicker on my bows from now on.

26-Aug-19
Thanks QuickDraw, glad to hear it’s working for you. Do you remember what brand you bought?

26-Aug-19
I think if you shoot a stick like a target style bow, they work. For me I shoot with a slight cant, and I shoot 3 under. I anchor on my left cheek bone, so its easy..... what you can do, is put some color chalk on your anchor fingers, and it will leave a mark each time, you shoot,,,,,,, gives you the idea of if your on your spot,,,,

28-Aug-19
"Does anyone hunt with a clicker? Or is that a bad idea?"

I've been hunting with one on my recurves since 2007. None of the dead animals that end up in my freezer every year seem to mind. :)

• Sitka Gear