Jeff in MN 12-Sep-19
Grubby 13-Sep-19
rodb 14-Sep-19
arlone 14-Sep-19
Grubby 14-Sep-19
Jeff in MN 27-Sep-19
Deerplotter 27-Sep-19
24-Aug-19
How's everyone's baits doing? We got back last night from checking ours and all were hit but they were hit lightly. Just talked to a friend that is hunting 15miles north of us and none of they're baits were hit after a week!! I know the berries are running late, is that the issue? We are in Zone 31 just curious what everyone else is experiencing.

26-Aug-19
I’m in 12, it’s going pretty good but hits have been pretty light here too. That’s pretty normal in my mind. It usually takes a couple of weeks to really get them going

27-Aug-19

Bear's embedded Photo
Bear's embedded Photo
We are in thirteen 8 out of 9 were cleaned out in six days the 7 out of 9 were cleaned out in4 days lots of pics no cubs but lots of yearings bears are thin no blue berries this summer there

27-Aug-19
1.8" of rain yesterday. I feel like I need to run baits today but its supposed to rain more. I think ill put together a pail of licorice for each bait, that's the most weather proof thing I have.

28-Aug-19
I posted some pics of bears on the main forum. All baits are hit and I have what I feel are 3 good bears, 1 real good one. I don’t know that I will hunt this weekend, my son has his first bear tag, there’s a good bear on one coming and going all day. I think he will have a good shot at that one.

02-Sep-19

Grubby's embedded Photo
Grubby's embedded Photo
No bear sighted for me which was surprising since he had been pretty consistent the last few nights. My son however connected on his first bear with the rifle, a dry sow that dressed 225. He doesn’t seem to prefer one weapon over the other at this point and he did a nice job getting it killed!

04-Sep-19

07-Sep-19

Grubby's embedded Photo
Grubby's embedded Photo
2019 is a wrap, I was happy to put my tag on this one. I sure wish it didn’t take 3 years to get a tag!

08-Sep-19
Congrats Grubby

08-Sep-19
Heard a story and saw a pic of a 776# lb black bear shot in Scott Co. MN with a bow.

Will wait a few days before looking further into it to see if its for real.

10-Sep-19
That's "a lot" of bear Tony! Haven't seen/heard anything myself, but I lead kind of a sheltered life! Will be fun to get "The Outdoor News" this week?

11-Sep-19
Looks like he's not as big as the one taken in 1994 which was close to 800 lbs.

11-Sep-19
Really, Scott County?? Not exactly bear country, but anything's possible I guess. Lots of river bottoms down that way could hide a big bear.

11-Sep-19
Saw a report today that said it was near Bemidji, which would be Beltrami county. Talked to a guy yesterday who said it was shot in Cass county. The report today said it was over 800 live and 700 dressed. I'm sure we will hear more about it.

12-Sep-19

Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
I don't know if this is the one mentioned above but it was shot in Minnesota. There is a rumor that a huge bear was shot illegally in MN this year. Possibly an invalid license involved. Not sure if this is the one or not. If anyone knows otherwise please provide the real story.

This is my information source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156908976228220&set=p.10156908976228220&type=3&theater

13-Sep-19
The story i heard is that he was baiting before he bought his license among other things. Huge bear though

14-Sep-19
latest Outdoor News has him and the bear on the front page. Polk County, Sept.2nd, 7 foot, 718 pounds dressed, skull measuring over 21 inches. Bear to appear at the Outdoor news classic in March. Doesn't sound like it was illegally shot to me.

14-Sep-19
Big animals and rumors seem to go together. Hope it's legit, but sounds like "he" has told different "stories". Polk county doesn't seem like big bear country, but never been there? Guess we'll have to let the dust settle and see what happens.

14-Sep-19

Grubby's embedded Photo
268 dressed
Grubby's embedded Photo
268 dressed
Spent some quality time in the Bush last night, this was a horrible extraction that involved a lot of chainsaw work. It definitely should have been quartered.......

27-Sep-19
Congrats Grubby, nice looking bear. Worth the drag. Did you weigh it?

27-Sep-19
Nice bear! Well worth your work. Nice job.

• Sitka Gear