Oleduckhunter 29-Aug-19
Oleduckhunter 29-Aug-19
Drop Tine 29-Aug-19
skookumjt 29-Aug-19
HunterR 29-Aug-19
Mnhunter1980 30-Aug-19
Pasquinell 30-Aug-19
27-Aug-19
So I bought the card but now I print something at home? Is it a “tag”. I’m confused why I need a piece of paper but don’t actually tag the animal to transport ? I thought the card might make things easier but I’m not the brightest bulb. Thanks

27-Aug-19

skookumjt's Link
Open the table on the bottom of the page to see what the GoWild card covers and what it doesn't. Easy peasy.

28-Aug-19
Just read the regs. It's all in there.

You print a "Harvest Authorization" (instead of tag) and you must carry it. The card is good for proof of license ie fishing/small game/etc (everything that does NOT need a Harvest Authorization).

28-Aug-19
In my opinion, an unnecessary item to spend a couple extra bucks on.

28-Aug-19
I think it's money well spent to not have to carry my wallet. I put one in my boat and one in my pack.

28-Aug-19
Thanks guys, I pretty much donated a few bucks , all I buy in wi is deer license. Oh well. What happened to metal tags and back tags??? Thanks again and looking forward to the season starting!

29-Aug-19
Metal carcass tags changed to paper about 20 years ago. Carcass tags eliminated a few years back, as were back tags.

29-Aug-19
Metal carcass tags went away longer than 20 years ago. I started hunting in 1981 and they were gone then.

29-Aug-19
Since going to the new system I carry nothing other than my drivers license or go wild card.

The only paper I carry is when fishing WI. - MI. boundary lakes is a copy of my fishing license.

29-Aug-19
Still need your harvest authorization.

29-Aug-19
I might be reading the dnr link wrong, but it looks like for deer you don’t need to carry a harvest authorization just your go wild or validated wi dL.

29-Aug-19
Same for me as drop tine stated. I have a copy of my fishing license in my boat for boundary waters and great lakes.

29-Aug-19
Go to the link I posted above and open the table at the bottom. Carcass tag is not on the GoWild card.

29-Aug-19
Deer harvest authorization is on the gowild car according to the website.

29-Aug-19

skookumjt's embedded Photo
skookumjt's embedded Photo
Go wild card-no

29-Aug-19
That’s carcas tag for bear, sharptailed grouse or sturgeon. There are no carcas tags for deer.

29-Aug-19
I guess it is confusing

29-Aug-19
I always have my phone on me I or they can look it up from there. No need to carry paper except on boundary or federal waters.

29-Aug-19
That was the wrong section I took a screenshot of, but apologize. I was wrong about deer. Go wild works for game that doesn't have a carcass tag any more.

29-Aug-19
"I guess it is confusing"

Nah, easy peasy.

30-Aug-19
I may be more confused now:) maybe a phone call or two will clear it up. Thanks guys

30-Aug-19
Simplicity needed.

• Sitka Gear