Live2hunt 29-Aug-19
South Farm 29-Aug-19
MjF 29-Aug-19
WI Shedhead 29-Aug-19
Jeff in MN 31-Aug-19
northbound 31-Aug-19
mainecheesehead 01-Sep-19
28-Aug-19
next year l should have enough points for a bear tag & plan on hunting Douglas Co. - l have no desire to keep any of the animal and would like to know if 1) is it legal to give away the whole thing and if so 2) is there any interest from fellow Bowsiters to take it?

28-Aug-19
Sure you can give the whole animal away if you desire after it is registered.

28-Aug-19
Why shoot an animal that you don't want any of?

28-Aug-19
WI. Bear is some fine eating as long as the meat is taken care of properly.

28-Aug-19
Ck your private messages

28-Aug-19
I worked with an exec that loves deer hunting but doesn't like venison. He would take a handful of deer each year and donate them.

29-Aug-19
Its the experience of the hunt....nothing wrong with donating your game, if you haven't already tried bear meat, give it a try. When made properly its absolutely delicious.

29-Aug-19
It makes some of the best sausage I have ever had.

29-Aug-19
And the rendered fat makes the best pie crust you'll ever eat, too! Most guys toss it, big mistake!

29-Aug-19
When I had my bear camp a guy each year would come and get the thrown out fat he used it for muzzle loaders, I believe bore butter, water proofing leather gloves and cooking.

29-Aug-19
Diet for bird feeders too the birds love it

31-Aug-19
If you have extra meat from any game you shoot consider donating it to a veterans organization. I have been donating all my extra to them for years now. If it is in the freezer yet around this time of the year it gets donated. I used to give it to Channel-1 but they got too sticky about what they would take, had to be butchered by a licensed butcher shop.

31-Aug-19
You can always make dog food.. I harvest a many animals to keep the pups fed. The 2 labs i had before my current one both made it to 16 years old living on a mix of typical dog food and harvested game.

01-Sep-19
no this won't be my first bear - l've actually killed 16 and professionally guided bear hunters for 25+ yrs - l've eaten it a number of times a number of ways and can take it or leave it - my issue is the time and mess processing something l'm not going to enjoy - l don't expect everyone to agree with me and that's ok - l'm simply looking for an avenue to get rid of the complete animal so it's not wasted --- Huntcell l sent you a PM

• Sitka Gear