10PntBow 03-Sep-19
Fur 03-Sep-19
Konk1 04-Sep-19
Missouribreaks 04-Sep-19
CaptMike 04-Sep-19
Missouribreaks 04-Sep-19
CaptMike 04-Sep-19
31-Aug-19
What are your expectations for the 2019 WI archery season? (Be realistic.)

31-Aug-19
Scar Finga who lives in AZ and posts on the main page is heading here on the 26th and bringing the knife “k114” with him. My goal is for him to see our amazing sunrises and sunsets and to be able to sink that knife into his first wisco Whitetail.

We’re not looking to slay a giant. Just cover some different terrain and have a good adventure. This will be my only mid state hunt of the year. The rest will be down near my house at the urban spot.

This will most likely be my last deer season here in wisco for a few years since we are putting the house on the market sometime before April 1st. Less than a month away and I’m getting excited. I know Scar is getting excited too.

31-Aug-19
This year will be similar to last year. Just trying to find the time to get out there.

Ill hunt a week in Marinette the 1st week of October and Scrap a handful of days in SE WI. Had a good time with Northbound and Reggiesdad last year for a day during gun season. I'd like to repeat that.

31-Aug-19
To be "honest", I would like to take a nice buck this year. Don't need a giant, but a nice one. I have passed on tons of smaller bucks the past four years , and have come close to dropping the string on a couple of nice ones but just didn't pan out. As always though, the most enjoyable part of my season is having family around. The time is limited, but it is great when it happens. I love to see them enjoy the hunt.

31-Aug-19
I expect to kill a cow elk, and about 3 does, and one really nice buck, if not 2, going out of state of course. I have a target buck that I have shined quite a bit this summer, missed that buck last January........ In the UP, I am looking to shoot something in the late season, which is my favorite time to hunt, in that country.

I expect another good grouse and woodcock season in the UP, and some great fishing.

We got some nice bucks on cameras in Vernon County. We plan on hunting that only a few times, on optimum days and winds,,,,,, the rest I will tramp all over the public, nice bucks down there......

After going to the Beast hunting seminar next Friday, I am off to the races..... Selling my other and last climber today, to a young 16 year old, who is buying a quality set up, to get started

I am going to self film this year, or at least try......... I am ready to go

31-Aug-19
Normally by now I have at least a dozen strands set, 20 cameras going, and 2 or 3 bucks named. This year I finally hung 6 cams and no stands up yet. Works been nuts and I only get 8 days of bow season before the baby is due to pop! So realistically I'll prob kill my usual 5to 8 Wisconsin does however this year will be on the home farm 'sanctuary' and not so much public, likely never see a Wisconsin buck that I'll want to kill, and take whatever two legal Michigan bucks I see first. Could always get lucky with wall decorations but dumb luck has never really worked for me in past.

31-Aug-19
Get my first trad kill. Cow elk in Wyoming. Filler the freezer. Not in any particular order!

31-Aug-19
I made the yearly adjustments and some clearing to the 6 stands I leave up year round in Minnesota this week. Also did some limb and path clearing.

I plan to spend most of November in Kansas this year. Took a road trip there recently to renew permission on the areas we plan to hunt and reserved a cabin at the place we will stay at.

31-Aug-19
I still have meat in the freezer from my 2017 deer, so I won’t shoot unless it goes on the wall. I may get back into ducks and geese with our new lab.

31-Aug-19
To shoot the biggest buck of my life...or...to buy beef.

31-Aug-19
Shoot a mature buck and 1 doe. Most of all looking forward to the treestand therapy.

31-Aug-19
My son has taken a major interest and I'll be taking him on a mentor hunt this October. As for me, I want to continue my streak with a good public land buck, but life has me elsewhere and I'll only be hunting 2 days a week this fall. Either way I will enjoy each hunt. Kill or not, no big deal. I do wish everyone safe hunting this fall.

31-Aug-19
Expectations are to simply enjoy the peace and solitude of the bow stand and for just a moment...forget about the bat shit crazy world we live in. Sometimes a deer walks by and disturbs me......

31-Aug-19
+1 retro

I hope my son is able to fling an arrow if he can sneak away from college. I am not sure if I will hunt without him. I don't care if I ever kill another deer. I do enjoy the peace of the woods.

31-Aug-19
I intend to do about half my bowhunting with a recurve I'm setting up. (Haven't taken a deer with a recurve since I switched to a compound in the seventies.)

Plan to have friends hunt my property with me. Camaraderie rules! One buddy will be having outpatient surgery in a couple of weeks,.....hopefully by the end of October he'll be able to draw his bow and climb into one of my ladder stands. Sure would like to see him be successful!

31-Aug-19
Mature buck - 2 does and 40 rabbits with the new hawk!!

31-Aug-19
My goal is 4 deer, 3 didn’t last us very long in between seasons since the kids are growing. I am hoping for a decent buck in South Dakota plus a doe. I have a buck and a doe tag for Burnett co wi that I hope to fill with my recurve on public from the ground. And if I have time and need more meat I will buy a mn tag.

31-Aug-19
To hunt as many days as possible. Killing a deer matters very little. The quiet time in the outdoors is the reward.

31-Aug-19
My expectations are simple, I want to shoot a trophy bear (I’ve had some real bruisers coming in) because I put in a lot of work this year, and as far as deer season I’d be happy with a quality buck. Most deer on the property I hunt rarely make it passed three due to hunting pressure. So, trophy bear and a mediocre buck.

31-Aug-19
To enjoy another fall in the woods, hope to get the kids out to the stands with me a few times

01-Sep-19
One doe, maybe two, and a decent buck.

01-Sep-19
Two does maybe three if lucky. Since we have some good bucks around the area I won’t shoot one unless big enough for mounting. I like to hunt and with over 20 days already off before gun season I am in no hurry to fill that buck tag.

01-Sep-19
Other than wanting to shoot a few does I have none yet. But I haven't checked cameras all summer. I have my first day off in 3 weeks tomorrow and will be checking cameras on public land and on private land.

02-Sep-19
The anticipation for this year is running pretty high as i plan on hunting Fort McCoy a couple weekends this year, Crivitz area will get alot of my attention and the rest of the season will be spent in Ozaukee county, last year i put a couple does in the freezer but no buck, looking to do the same this year, but have lowered my standards when it comes to taking a shot at a buck, still sticking to 8 points or better though.

02-Sep-19
As with the past several years, I am going to do a lot of younger generation guiding and mentoring. Will not hunt myself.

03-Sep-19
Hunting public forest only, it changes every year. I don't start scouting till I start hunting. I do not want to waste time scouting early and find others in the area or a bait pile or something. I hunt my spots and first scout the hunters around and then the deer. That being said, I expect to have close encounters with deer, and I also expect to take 1 and hopefully 2 deer.

03-Sep-19
I'd like to get a doe or buck on a small piece of public that's new to me.

I'd like to get a doe or buck up north when my 8yr old is with me.

03-Sep-19
shoot a booner with my xbow!

03-Sep-19
Hoping to fill the freezer with a doe and at least a 6 pointer....lots of little spikers and 4's on the camera....and if not - just being in the woods will soothe my soul.

04-Sep-19
My expectations…..I expect that any day now the neighbor will be putting out his excessive bait piles with the hopes of keeping HIS deer on his property. And yes, the DNR knows about it, he's been ticketed before. His response "No one is going to tell me what I can and can not do on my own property". This is a non baiting county to boot.

04-Sep-19
Unfortunately that is all too common. Banning baiting makes those who still bait with piles, natural food, ag food, or planted food plots all the more effective. The public land hunter will always lose opportunity to the plotting neighbors who own improved private land.

04-Sep-19
Sorry MO but the private land owners have the right to plant and improve their property. They DO have a vested interest as compared to the public land hunter. Private land owners are not exempt from their tax dollars being used for the benefit of the public.

04-Sep-19
I agree, I am a private land owner who food plots, logs and otherwise improves habitat. I still think it is harder on the public land hunter when deer leave the public land for my food plots. It is good for me, but not good for those who do not own or hunt private land. I see no problem if they are allowed to bait.

04-Sep-19
It is harder on the public land hunter. I suppose that is the price they pay for not paying the price. For the record, I have no issue with baiting, even though I did not do it when I hunted public land.

• Sitka Gear