EmbryOklahoma 04-Sep-19
bowonly 09-Sep-19
JohnMC 14-Sep-19
JLeMieux 15-Sep-19
EmbryOklahoma 15-Sep-19
swampokie 21-Sep-19
bowonly 23-Sep-19
03-Sep-19
I was reviewing the Oklahoma hunting regulations and it is a bit unclear(maybe I'm just not that smart) as to what is required for non residents as it pertains to archery deer hunting, which is what I'm interested in. Does a non resident need to buy a non resident general hunting license and a non resident archery deer license to be able to bowhunt in Oklahoma?

03-Sep-19

04-Sep-19
Just talked with a Tulsa county Game Warden for clarification on your question. The $300 covers your tag(s) and license for archery, which allows you (6) deer. If you were hunting other game, such as varmints, turkeys, etc,. You would then be required to have a general hunting license. So, it is quite generous, in my opinion. You can also MURDER any hog you see too! <<--- please do!

04-Sep-19
Looks like you need a hog anger management class Rick! Classy of you to find out the info for bowonly.

04-Sep-19
"Looks like you need a hog anger management class Rick!" That comes throughout the fall. Classes usually begin around October 1st. :)

09-Sep-19
Thanks for your clarification Embry. I thought $442 was a bit steep, but I was willing if it would be required.

14-Sep-19
Rick are you sure the $300 includes 6 deer? I thought that was per tag. As in if you shoot a deer and want to shoot another one you have to go buy another $300 tag. It been a long time since have lived there and I have a lifetime when I go back. But almost sure that is how it use to be.

15-Sep-19
I looked into this last year. The $300 is all that is needed to archery hunt. I may be mistaken on this part, but if you plan to hunt muzzleloader or rifle seasons, you're required to buy the corresponding license. Even if you intend to use a bow.

15-Sep-19
John, that came from the mouth of a Game Warden, 6 deer. I even questioned him.

Jeremy is also correct that you will need to buy an additional tag/license for other means of take such as gun/mzl load.

16-Sep-19
I do believe Rick is correct. Regs show combined season limit of 6 deer total with 2 being antlered. Archery limit is 6 with no more than 2 being antlered. OR, buy a ML tag and you can take 3 total with 1 antlered. OR, buy a rifle tag and you can take 3 total with 1 antlered. All total with any weapon is 6.

21-Sep-19
I love listening to non rez gripe about the cost for deer license. 300$ for six deer? Damn near cheaper than a rez by the time u buy hunting license and tag it is almost the same rez and non rez. I pay 300-400 for one deer in the states I travel to hunt as a non rez. In Oklahoma we CATER to Texans and other non residents at the peril of our deer herd and resident license prices. So I would say overall 300$ or 442$ for SIX deer is a helluva bargain.

23-Sep-19
Maybe I misspoke...did not want to sound like I was complaining about the price possibly being as high as $442. I have hunted Iowa and Kansas where the price tag for 2 deer is much higher. Oklahoma is very generous with their deer tags and it is much appreciated. I am also glad some of the members here were able to clarify some of the confusion in the regs so that I didn't spend an extra $142 unnecessarily. Thanks guys for all your help. God speed and shoot straight this season.

• Sitka Gear