onX Maps
Colorado 2019
Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
PushCoArcher 04-Sep-19
Jack 05-Sep-19
04-Sep-19
Just curious if any are headed West this year. Will be my last CO Elk hunt due to increasing costs and the landowner wants to keep hunting within his family(they found out how good we were doing each year). Which, by the way, I'm totally fine with. I've been extremely fortunate to hunt this property for 5+ years with very little out of pocket $$.

Will be driving to Alamosa the morning of 9/21(23rd wedding anniversary) and staying through the 28th unless I tag out. Buying an inexpensive chest freezer to take with me along with my generator so I don't have to wait 3 days for the local processor to hang, quarter, freeze, cut, wrap, freeze solid for 10 hour drive home.

Have a safe journey for those who are hunting in CO or out of state and I'd like to hear how your hunt goes. I have an any weapon tag so will take bow but not ashamed to get out the rifle if elk are staying out of range and it's close to end of my hunt - want the meat more than elitist status! I know I dropped the infamous 'R' word so go easy.

04-Sep-19
Headed to Wyoming on September 13th with two antelope doe tags and a deer tag for the bighorns in my pocket. Tried to pull a cow elk tag too but no luck in the draw. My father in law and best friend are coming along with a couple antelope doe tags apiece can't wait.

05-Sep-19
Good luck Russ!

• Sitka Gear