Huntcell 12-Dec-19
DiRTY MiKE 14-Dec-19
Jeff in MN 14-Dec-19
happygolucky 15-Dec-19
South Farm 16-Dec-19
04-Sep-19

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo
This was sent to me. Brett Stimac from Crosby MN took down a nice one, live weight 840lbs should be 700plus dressed. And yes, I guess it was with archery.

04-Sep-19
WOWZA

04-Sep-19
Very nice. Congrats to the hunter on that kill. I hope they were able to get an ATV somewhere close to where it dropped!

04-Sep-19
Should be good eating!

04-Sep-19
“Should be good eating!“

For a long time!

Yowza!!!

04-Sep-19
Have to be a drag to be remember. Great looking bear

04-Sep-19
ATV ain’t gonna move 800lbs of Jello. You would need a tractor or truck.

04-Sep-19
My goodness!

Wow

05-Sep-19
Or skin and quarter at the kill site. I helped a neighbor skin and quarter a 500# road kill bear on the ground and even that was a beast to deal with.

05-Sep-19
Can animals be quartered in MN? It's a relatively new option for us here in WI, but I have no idea about there.

05-Sep-19
Looks like a really big bear, but it doesnt look 840 to me. I'm no expert, and unfortunately a bad camera man/picture with a once in a lifetime kill. I hope they took the time to make the pictures more worth while.

05-Sep-19
I would agree. Huge but not 840.

05-Sep-19
Like any of us have seen what a 840# bear looks like up close to even compare. Anyway, no doubt it felt like 840# by the time they got it out!

05-Sep-19
Maybe we have seen #600 animals however. That bear is not nearly half again as big.

05-Sep-19
Maybe you have, or you have seen a 600# bear? Got a picture so we can all make judgements if your 600# bear was really 600# or just a guess based off your great aunt hilda who weighed 300#? ;)

"maybe", "however", and "nearly" are all general terms. Only way any of us will ever know for sure is if we were there to help weigh it..

05-Sep-19

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo
For all you big bear experts out there, this bear was 639lbs which is not near the size of that Minnesota monster.

05-Sep-19

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo
And this is also him. That Minnesota bear is much bigger

05-Sep-19
I've never seen one that big. Biggest I've seen has been 720. Congratulations Brett!

05-Sep-19
Again, never claimed to be one, and that bear doesnt even look 639lbs lol. Bears are super tough to judge, I know. Congrats to the hunter though, a bear that size will make the news anywhere!

05-Sep-19
Is that the same person, same bear, same location, etc.? A lot of differences in the two pictures. Just asking.

05-Sep-19
How did they get that bear to stand still on a scale ;-) Seriously though, that is one huge bear. What did they use for a scale? I know that you know bears MF, so not arguing, just curious.

05-Sep-19
oldhunter…...You have to read the posts, those last two pictures are examples of a big bear compared to the first picture I posted.

05-Sep-19

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo
Another cool picture of the MN monster, the bear was 718lbs dressed and 840lbs live weight.

05-Sep-19

05-Sep-19
Well I shot lots of bears, helped with my buddy's camp in Ontario since 1983. That is a legit monster! WOW! That is whats dreams are made of.

06-Sep-19
Will be interesting to here the story if ever gets told. I agree with Smokey how do you get a bear like that out of the woods to weigh it live weight? None the less I remain skeptical of the whole thing. Bear in the wild that size are extremely rare. Will wait and see.

08-Sep-19
The story on the bear will be told in a bear podcast, will let everyone know when it’s finished.

09-Sep-19
whatever it weighs that is a monster, has that "extra length" too. Bear hunters usually come back to the truck saying they just shot a 250-300#er and its 150#. No problem w/ that its just really hard to judge w/o out a lot of pics and comparisons.

09-Sep-19
Confirmed it dressed out at 718lbs add 17-19% for guts and it puts it over 800lbs live weight. Just a impressive bear.

09-Sep-19
I wish they would post some better pics, they had to of taken a hundred of them. I seen the Wisc. bear that weighed 765 lbs mounted and it was absolutely huge, not just fat.

11-Sep-19
Congrats! AWESOME ANIMAL!!!!

12-Sep-19
Before we go and pat this guy on the back until he falls down. I have seen his arrest record. In fact, I am looking at it as I write this. He has been charged and convicted of over 15 offenses (including felonies). I have a fishing and hunting acquaintance who was related to this guy through marriage. He is not a nice person and shouldn't be allowed to hunt. Simply viewing his arrest records (public information) is astonishing. The stories my friend has shared with me about this individual would make you lock your doors.

12-Sep-19
Do a search for AliceKae Wiese on the Minnesota Hunting Club facebook page. You'll get a screen full.

12-Sep-19
Well that fell apart quickly. Those wise people that questioned this take were spot on, it seems.

There is a link to her post on the other "Minnesota Bear" thread. Brutal!

12-Sep-19
The guy may be a DB, but the bear is legit and is amazing!

12-Sep-19
So whats the story you all are alluding to?

12-Sep-19
I think what it sums up to be is he hasn’t paid child support for his 5 kids. So, legally he can’t hunt and fish in Minnesota. I’m sure it will all unfold eventually, but doesn’t sound like a guy I want in camp.

12-Sep-19
Not to mention the "alleged" domestic violence.....if true.

Hopefully we get the straight skinny on this whopper.

13-Sep-19
Regardless what this guy may or may not be, that is a hell of a bear!

13-Sep-19
Some guy gets a great bear and some peoples first reaction is to check his criminal history.

Says as much about those as it does him.

13-Sep-19
Some people dont deserve the privilege to hunt either!

13-Sep-19
Droopy ears... just kidding. Nice bear!!!!

13-Sep-19
So now we background check hunters who get a good one....jealous people in this place ......unreal

13-Sep-19
Lets all take a deep breath here, I'm sure there is an investigation going on as we write, the true will come out eventually. It is a beautiful bear though.

14-Sep-19
The point is that if the allegations are true, he can't purchase a license in MN. That means the bear was poached.

14-Sep-19
There just allegations right now, nothing more than that. It doesn't look good though for all sportsman and women hunters

14-Sep-19
It doesnt look good for our justice system either. This guy has felony convictions. Not only that, but also hunting violations. This guy should not even be allowed to hunt, PERIOD!

14-Sep-19
Seems our great bear hunter from MN has now pulled down his pictures, podcasts etc from his Facebook page. He had already put out several versions of when, where and how it was shot. Considering his past DNR records I would not be surprised if he found someone that had a game farm bear in a pen and made a deal to whack it. Have to know his ego to get the picture. He wanted all the publicity he could get last week and now that Ms. Wiese and others exposed him he shuts it down. I would think most of us, if legally taken, would fight like hell to prove it wrong. Not run away.

14-Sep-19

Huntcell 's Link
Free range wild Black Bear Viewing at the Vince Shute Wildlife Sanctuary,

And yes guys hunt the public land surrounding the unfenced private land of Bear Sanctuary.

The sanctuary implores hunters not to but it’s to tempting for some guys after viewing the vast numbers and sizes of bears coming and going at the sanctuary, For hunters to gps the border and set up baits on public.

(218) 757-0172 [email protected] American Bear Association PO Box 77 | Orr MN 55771

14-Sep-19
Deerplotter has a good theory but if that is what happened I wonder how he could afford to buy a bear like that from a game farm in the first place.

14-Sep-19
My thought was it gets very expensive to feed a bear especially this time of year before hibernation. Could have got it cheap enough maybe for nothing. The Bear Sanctuary was a thought until he stated he had purchased a no quota license. The bear sanctuary is in a permitted area I believe. Not that he couldn’t have done that anyway I guess but not legally.

15-Sep-19
Or maybe he went up there, tracked that big bear down, wrestled it, tied it up, brought it to a different no-quota area, then killed it.

15-Sep-19
I think it is in area 25 but not sure. It is definitely in a quota area.

26-Sep-19
Any more information on this story?

26-Sep-19
Haven’t heard a peep

26-Sep-19
An investigation may take some time.

27-Sep-19
Pretty sure the DNR knows about the issue. Like Capt says, it could be a while before we hear anything new. The pulling of his pics from his facebook is pretty telling. We might not hear anything until/unless the case ends up in court.

06-Dec-19
Word on the street is that Stimac has been charged with something regarding this bear.

06-Dec-19

06-Dec-19

MjF's Link
Hope this link works

06-Dec-19
Now we know the rest of the story. Mr. Stimac should be banned for life from hunting.

06-Dec-19

06-Dec-19
This is what happens when you contaminate a Wisconsin Bowhunting Forum with a Monster Minnesota Bear, nice going MF !!

06-Dec-19
What contamination might that be?

06-Dec-19
Wow sounds like he’s going to be facing multiple charges. Trespassing on tribal land, wanton waste I would say is the most disgusting one. Trophy animals bring out the worst in some people.

06-Dec-19
He should also get charged for hunting without a license, or hunting with an invalid license since he was not legally eligible for a bear hunting license with unpaid child support. Or maybe he got those paid up but I doubt it. Or maybe the wardens figured he was in enough trouble with the tribal issues.

07-Dec-19
Sounds like MF did a public service. Shining a light on suspicious activity is the best course of action. Whether it`s intentional or not.

Exposure is the best disinfectant.

09-Dec-19
How can the DNR do anything if it was on "sovereign land"? Wouldn't the Indians have jurisdiction there? He'll probably get off with (another) slap on the wrist. Anyway, nothing better on the table than a 700# dump bear, Mmm! Mmm!

09-Dec-19
No he will not get off with a slap on the wrist.

09-Dec-19
Sheriff deputies and the tribal police work together quite well at Hayward Wisconsin. Suspects in issues on tribal land end up in county court anyway. I doubt that is any different with this arrest.

09-Dec-19
Time will tell.

09-Dec-19
White man on tribal lands, full jurisdiction = very good.

Indian on tribal lands doing the same crime would be a slap on the wrist by tribal jurisdiction.

09-Dec-19
Red Lake tribe has a completely different standing with State of Mn and USA than other tribes. Red lake tribe very seldom cooperates with State of Mn on anything. Look it up. This whole tribal thing is so outdated, over 500 recognized tribes . Time to assimilate.

10-Dec-19
They'll never "assimilate". Never..

11-Dec-19
The DNR started the investigation and it led them to the reservation. Turned over to Res agents now under Federal jurisdiction and Federal Court for prosecution.

12-Dec-19
I bet the ‘Chip’ bear clan would like to smear him with honey and strap him to the dumpster where he shot there leader.

14-Dec-19

DiRTY MiKE 's Link
Update from the Star Tribune

This line from this story made me laugh and think of the bow site. "Apparently unable to kill a deer legally by adhering to game-protection laws and the principles of fair chase, Stimac also baits deer."

14-Dec-19
"The first (charge) could get him a year in prison and a $10,000 fine, the second, 90 days and a $5,000 fine, plus restitution for the animal."

We can only hope he gets the max prison time, restitution, and fine. Restitution for a bear that big could and should be a lot.

15-Dec-19
I hope they give him the max but I bet it does not happen. Time to make the fines and the time represent the crime.

16-Dec-19
Chop his paws off like he did that bear. All I know is he's marked as a douche bag for life...his picture is EVERYWHERE overhere, every newspaper around has carried the story, and regardless of his imposed penalty he will forever be recognized and known, rightfully so, as the scumbag that sneaked into a reservation and shot a dump bear. Too bad his family has to suffer because of it, too, but he never considered them. Real big man, there! Enjoy your fame!

• Sitka Gear