leftee 12-Dec-19
Brotsky 13-Dec-19
leftee 14-Dec-19
leftee 18-Dec-19
leftee 22-Dec-19
SteveD 15-Jan-20
leftee 20-Jan-20
04-Sep-19
Surely someone has had some success this year. Let's hear about it.

05-Sep-19
Two nice archery pronghorn (Wyoming and Colorado), nothing here in SD yet though. I'm sure you'll see some good SD pics soon from Leftee, Brotsky etc.

05-Sep-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Likely not me DR. Still hunting muskies a bit and avoiding skeeters. Have been out twice and they have wrecked both experiences. Survived West Nile once and not wanting it again.

Yesterday morning was 42 degrees and that tricked me into going again. Pic shows a slight change in leaf color but if anything only made the mosquitoes hungrier. Did video a few deer going by last night including 2 decent bucks but suspect I also alerted my best candidate that I was around.

Give the geese a go a few days this coming week instead.

The best time of the year is here though and a few nice ones already taken. Good hunting!

06-Sep-19

06-Sep-19

Mnhunter1980's embedded Photo
I got this one this afternoon, I had 2 that we’re bigger under 50 yards before I got him. He was right about 20 yds. Now I can relax a little and try to get a doe.

06-Sep-19
Congrats. Looks warm out there??

06-Sep-19
Oops,2 question marks were supposed to be a smiley face.

06-Sep-19
Thanks leftee, very hot!

09-Sep-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Not bow related but hunting. Lotsa geese.The little 20 gauge was done by 8AM on the Opener.Good thing,pretty much been raining here ever since.Flood warnings today.Start working on your Arks.

10-Sep-19

Fun trip! We ended up with 2 bucks and 2 does. Back to reality :(

10-Sep-19
Very good trip I’d say,congrats!

10-Sep-19
Thanks leftee. I’m missing early goose but it was worth it. Congrats on a great day in the field ! My hearts pumps for geese dropping there feet the same as a buck stepping into range

10-Sep-19
Might run into u there someday. Bought a lifetime Mn archery deer and small game/fishing combo before i left about 17 yrs ago. Still get over there a bit. In fact a good friend there buried his pickup in a goose field near St Cloud this AM. Farmer not happy. (Friend should know better)

13-Sep-19

Animal Killer's embedded Photo
Animal Killer's embedded Photo
My first stalk for a deer turned into an antelope hunt half way thru on sunday the 1st. 64 yards what a rush!!

13-Sep-19
Congrats animal killer!!

13-Sep-19
Nice AK,congrats.

13-Sep-19
Beauty AK, congratulations!

14-Sep-19

Muddawg's embedded Photo
Muddawg's embedded Photo
Glad to finally get my hands on this guy! Came in for a fight with my decoy!

14-Sep-19
Awesome goat! Decoying is an adrenaline rush

15-Sep-19
Wow,very nice Muddawg,congrats!

16-Sep-19
I suppose I should finally start actually hunting in SD now :-) Great pics guys! Congrats!

16-Sep-19
Any out of state adventures you would like to share Brotsky???

16-Sep-19
Spent a good chunk of time in WY. Two antelope but no elk. Love the Cowboy state but time to let the home flag fly! Ha!

16-Sep-19
Way to go everybody. Nicely done.

16-Sep-19
Only residents can hunt, unless hunting private land and by the looks of it they are all still fishing and shooting waterfowl/geese.

17-Sep-19
SteveF, Or we simply don't necessarily wish to advertise.

17-Sep-19
+1 DR, I have seen plenty ;-)

17-Sep-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Still doing this almost daily.So much fun with the little 20 gauge. Hot,windy,buggy is not my kind of bowhunting. Soon though.Cooler next week. Few nice ones around. Good hunting all!

17-Sep-19
Nice work leftee! I really need to get out the goose decoys again!

17-Sep-19
DR, I don’t think of it as advertising, I think of it as sharing pictures and stories with fellow hunters. This is the time of year we all wait for!! Best of luck !

Leftee, looks like a blast! How close do you normally feel comfortable with your 20 gauge? I need all the pellets I can get for them buggers. :)

Brotsky, congrats on the goats! I would like to try some antelope before I spent the money to hunt them. But it looks fun and very challenging

17-Sep-19
Mnhunter I shoot 3 inch Black Cloud 2s and feel comfortable to about 40 but most days,with good concealment,flagging etc most shots are 30 or under. Brotsky you may not recall but shortly after moving to SD I called and asked you questions about Spring Snow goosing and you were very helpful.I owe you so if I can ever pay you back just ask.

18-Sep-19
Huh, I don't recall that Leftee. I helped a lot of guys with spring snow goose back in the day and made some of my very best friends that way. Always happy to help out my fellow hunters when I can and just glad my info was put to good use! Thank you very much for the offer, much appreciated!

06-Nov-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Shot a nice public land buck in Mn and been holding out here for a certain deer. The old body is struggling with the cold so tagged out today on this ol boys 3rd run past me. Very happy not to be out there in the AM with wind n 8 degrees. Heading back to Ks til rifle season when I can bowhunt here again on my rifle tag. Really cranking up now so good hunting to all. (Sorry but my usual chitty pics when alone plus one the Commander took when she came out with me on the tractor)

06-Nov-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Commanders pic.

06-Nov-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
Mn deer.

06-Nov-19
Those look like dandy bucks. Thumbs up.

07-Nov-19
Awesome bucks leftee!! Well done

10-Nov-19
Wow, very nice Lefty congrats!

10-Nov-19
Thanks men. 67 degrees on stand right now in SE Ks. T shirt n loafers. Not good but we get what you have starting tomorrow so that should help.

19-Nov-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
My 2019 SD buck, posted in the main page but will share here as well. Feel very lucky to have had a chance at such a great buck!

19-Nov-19
Man what a great buck Brotsky. Good on ya! My Dad and I had a great hunt out there and both killed nice bucks. I'll try to get some pics up.

19-Nov-19
Congratulations Brotsky - that is a beautiful buck. Well done. Would love to hear the story behind that fine specimen if you are willing to share it. Very respectfully - Rich

20-Nov-19
Nice buck Brotsky,congrats!

21-Nov-19

sdkhunter's embedded Photo
sdkhunter's embedded Photo
Wow, great looking bucks everyone!

Leftee - I hear you on the temp/conditions. It's been so cold the last few years during the rut when I finally had a chance at a buck, in my mind, as I came to full draw I was thinking "thank god, this is almost over...". Of course after filling you kinda wish you were still hunting. Ha

Brotsky - that's a stud! Love the mass and how he wraps around.

21-Nov-19
Nice bucks gentlemen. Those two by leftee and Brotsky are definite studs.

29-Nov-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
SDK beautiful deer,congrats!

Youth and first deer.Can't beat it.Yesterday for this Annie Oakley.

29-Nov-19
good job!

30-Nov-19
Well done leftee! Congrats to both of you! Way to get the kids out in the field

12-Dec-19

leftee's embedded Photo
leftee's embedded Photo
My second most favorite season of the year kicked off for me today. Months of fun ahead!

12-Dec-19
Good stuff Leftee! I hope you get 50 more!

12-Dec-19
Hit my goal on the head Brotsky. Based on tracks seen today plus all the standing corn gonna be very hard around here i’m afraid. May have to start traveling again. Getting too old for a lot of that though. Getting them out ‘west’ in sunflowers is doable but standing corn is gonna be tough i think-even with a shotgun. Will soon find out and hopefully as rifle season moves further behind us more coyotes will exit the corn also.

13-Dec-19
Amen Leftee, the good news about all of that corn is there is going to be some smoker bucks next year up in that country! Already looking forward to 2020!

14-Dec-19
Yes!!!

18-Dec-19
Just a headsup for late season archers,pheasant and eastern SD coyote hunters.A lot of standing corn is going out daily now.With the forecast,suspect that will continue and likely accelerate.Changes things a bit.

22-Dec-19
Another heads up.Much of our ice is NOT safe.Particularly in cattails.We had a bad experience pheasant hunting yesterday.Be careful,hunting is great now if you can stay dry.

15-Jan-20
Hello Leftee Say nice deer!!!!Especially the public land one.

20-Jan-20
Hi Steve! Thanks.

• Sitka Gear