Mathews Inc.
Jerky!
Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
Glunt@work 06-Sep-19
Treeline 06-Sep-19
06-Sep-19
So I was blessed with a nice muley and I'm thinking about just making a lot of jerky out of the whole entire thing. Any good recipes you guys can recommend. Or are recipes kind of a secret for people especially jerky. I used to use the nasco spices but they have other ingredients like msj and I am not a big fan of that. Hope to see some nice diy recipes for jerky. Btw the jerky is going to be ground venison and not just strips. Thanks!

06-Sep-19
Last batch I made I used High Mountain Teriyaki. It was a little bland so on the second round I added some cayenne and black pepper and it was good to go.

I used their directions and did it in the oven.

06-Sep-19
First, congrats on the muley! I have many recipes for DIY jerky but end up falling back on the Hi-Country brand 3 Pepper Blend. Like Glunt mentioned with the High Mountain, it too wasn't as spicy as I wanted. Added some black pepper, guajillo chile powder and sprinkled aleppo peppers on top before using the smoker. Money! If I were to use the oven, I might consider adding a few drops of liquid smoke.

06-Sep-19
Congratulations Dan! Don’t jerk those back straps, tenderloins or steaks from the hindquarters! I mix my own seasonings but the High Mountain stuff is not bad.

• Sitka Gear