Tweed 20-Sep-19
Nocturnal 20-Sep-19
Nocturnal 20-Sep-19
Crusader dad 20-Sep-19
Tweed 20-Sep-19
Badger_16 20-Sep-19
Crusader dad 20-Sep-19
07-Sep-19
The weather is changing a bit and I feel it getting ready. Its still a little early but I am getting pumped

07-Sep-19
Yep - weather changing...cooler nights...gets dark earlier...color beginning to appear in the trees...birds flocking...woods beginning to dry...crops ripening...first rubs appearing...all this instills anticipation...feel like a kid waiting for Christmas...the excitement builds...seven more days plus a wake-up, and we'll be there! I can hardly wait!

07-Sep-19
Tick-Tock gentlemen.....

07-Sep-19
Feel like it takes forever but also sneaks up on me.

Anyone got bowhunting related plans this weekend?

07-Sep-19
I’m going to pick my restrung bow back up, hang a stand at my urban spot and shoot, shoot, shoot. But first I have some business on the golf course. I lost $114 in yesterday’s match so I’m gonna need to make some of that back today. I will admit that I am very excited about this season. More so than the past few years.

07-Sep-19

Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Drop Tine's embedded Photo
I need to finish up the platform gun stand today and finish dialing in the new bow. Shoots like a dream.

07-Sep-19
Best of luck to all of you this fall.

07-Sep-19
Nicely spoken Case!

07-Sep-19
Yes, Case nailed it. I usually don't hunt until a little later, but my son my be able to make it next weekend. If that's the case, I'll be out. Lots of daytime activity on the cams. Nice acorn drop again this year is helping on public land.

07-Sep-19
Yup, had a loon on the lake today, also goose flock went by. Had not seen either since spring. (Hayward) They are staging to head south, I will do the same in a couple of weeks.

Also seagulls on the lake but I think that usually just means rough water on Lake Superior.

07-Sep-19
"I’m going to pick my restrung bow back up, hang a stand at my urban spot and shoot, shoot, shoot. But first I have some business on the golf course. I lost $114 in yesterday’s match so I’m gonna need to make some of that back today. I will admit that I am very excited about this season. More so than the past few years. " srsly???

since when does 114 you might double lose compare with the bow opener?

07-Sep-19
My wife ask me what I was thinking and I replied that if she answered correct that I would give her $100 and I lost, it was the hunt. After 37 yrs of marriage it wasn't a hard one to figure, I was sucker again.

07-Sep-19
Doorknob, our golf matches can get pretty intense. Especially towards the end when one guy is trying to play catch up and pressing the bets. A skulled chip or weak putt could cost quite a bit of cash. It definitely gets the heart racing. I’ve felt as much pressure/excitement on the course as I have at the moment of truth on a deer and I live for those rushes/highs. Sometimes I double lose but sometimes I double win! Same as bow hunting. (Got $93 back today and another match scheduled for tomorrow)

07-Sep-19
Yep, got the feelin'. No big bucks on camera but I don't care, I will be in a stand soon and loving it!

07-Sep-19

Cntrylife 's embedded Photo
Cntrylife 's embedded Photo
Had this guy out herding up cows the last couple days. We generally do not shoot elk by the house but he also jumped a fence and killed: 2 peaches 1 pear 5 apple trees (including my wife's honeycrisp) I prefer Midwest Deer hunting to Elk but I have a special spot for this guy this year Elk Bow for Western Wa starts TODAY but hunting seems to not get good until mid Oct.

09-Sep-19
I will be bird hunting this weekend and I will be sitting in a small grove of oaks with my bow Sat. night at our cabin in Price county. I don't plan on shooting anything, but I generally see alot of deer when there are acorns. Early is when I start scouting my public forest spots so I know where I want to concentrate my efforts during the rut phases.

12-Sep-19
Anyone hunting this weekend?, bugs are too much for me so ill pass

12-Sep-19
I won't be. Just too much going on.

Last year I rushed it and the whole season felt rushed.

I'm going to wait till it cools a bit and have the time.

12-Sep-19

Reggiezpop's embedded Photo
Reggiezpop's embedded Photo
I’ll be out all weekend in Waupaca County. Full moon won’t help, but I can’t wait to soak it all in and relax. Just need to decide which broadhead to start the season with!

12-Sep-19
Sons coming up, so I will be out.

12-Sep-19

12-Sep-19
As a youngster I hunted from the opener til filled. Now, I don't do much til late October.

Yeah...I play a LOT of golf too...lol.

Good luck y'all...hunt hard...hunt safe...develop those memories!

12-Sep-19
I work this weekend so I won't be out until Sunday eve.

13-Sep-19
The first couple weeks are my favorite time to be out. I've been battling a cough but I'm gonna try to do shorter sits sat and sun night.

13-Sep-19
Good luck fellas. Above all have a safe season and wear that harness.

13-Sep-19
I’m shooting for Sunday morning or evening but probably won’t get out until next week. Hopefully someone starts the meatpole with an opening day monster.

13-Sep-19
Maybe try for a doe, but I would never give up stand time in October or November with a filled buck tag. That time of year comes and goes way to fast. Going to savor every minute of it.......

13-Sep-19
I'm waiting until next weekend and hopefully cooler weather. I like hunting the rut but whenever a mature buck shows up that's when I fill my buck tag. Might be the first day out or not until next yr.

13-Sep-19
The guys around here are going to need kayaks. Most won't venture.

14-Sep-19
Good morning!

For those going out I hope you have a great sit.

14-Sep-19
The weather down by us is absolutely perfect for a first morning sit. Wish I was out there.

14-Sep-19
Beautiful morning here, 49F and sunny.

14-Sep-19
Hey Doorknob - I am one of those guys! Lots of rain filled up the swamp I hunt in off the river. Kayaked right to the base of my tree this opening morning which is normally 75 yards from the river. No deer but still good!

14-Sep-19
Hey Doorknob - I am one of those guys! Lots of rain filled up the swamp I hunt in off the river. Kayaked right to the base of my tree this opening morning which is normally 75 yards from the river. No deer but still good!

14-Sep-19
Now that's some stick-to-itivness right there.

14-Sep-19
Beautiful morning here. 47degrees and wind died down at daybreak, no hunters in the area. 2 does and 1 fawn, 10 turkeys. Be back at it this afternoon. Good luck to all that are going out. Had a nice buck on camera again last night at 7:45pm. Hope he is on his feet a little earlier tonight.

15-Sep-19
I’ve seen a few nice buck rolling through Facebook. I most definitely would not save a tag if one of them walked in front of me.

16-Sep-19
Fondulac co is at it again. One public one private... two giants.

16-Sep-19
I went out and grouse hunted/scouted in the morning on Saturday and planned on hunting the evening up Nort. Well, 5:00 it started raining and rained all night. My wife liked it because I installed her new faucet in the cabin. It was too hot for me and buggy!!! the damn gnats and skeeters were nuts up there. I'm not going till it cools down.

16-Sep-19
Reggie, go with the slick trick. Simple design that will not fail.

20-Sep-19

Crusader dad's embedded Photo
Crusader dad's embedded Photo
First sunrise of the season for me. I’ve got until 7:30. My wally camo smells like a combination of dead mouse and oil paint. My human scent should be well disguised

20-Sep-19
Lol

Call that curiosity scent.

20-Sep-19

Nocturnal's embedded Photo
Had a good hunt on the public land last night. I walked for 4 hours lookong for the fresh stuff, and finally got onto sign fresh enough to hunt. Ended up cutting/ following fresh BB tracks, which lead to 2 fresh rubs going into a swamp. Ended up seeing 5 deer. 2 8 pointers, a fork, and a doe and fawn. Looking for something a little better but finally a hunt where something didnt go wrong. Sit number 4 tonight.

20-Sep-19

20-Sep-19
Tweed, the curiosity scent I used was edge shave gel. You know, cause I’m a millennial and I gotta keep my lines clean no matter what ;-)

20-Sep-19
I'm n old school hipster and use barbersol.

Glad you guys are having some good sits.

I won't be out until next weekend.

20-Sep-19
I start vacation sunday, planning on hitting the woods all next week. I hung a stand tonight, not real thrilled with the tree as it has a big knot where my back sits but it will have to due for now.

20-Sep-19
Barbasol... ha, you smell like my grandpa. Now I know why you never see any deer.

• Sitka Gear