trublucolo 08-Sep-19
Stix 08-Sep-19
Tate 09-Sep-19
Vanish 09-Sep-19
Stix 09-Sep-19
08-Sep-19

Tate's embedded Photo
Tate's embedded Photo
A shoutout to Steve C (aka Stix) and Dave for inviting me to their wilderness elk camp on horseback. It was a great time. They called in a cow to 30 yards for me, but I was uncomfortable with the shot and passed per his direction. They had success and gave me some hands on direction and experience quartering elk along with some great calling advice and demonstration. They also got me on the traditional archery bug, as well as explaining a lot about conservation and the need to be vigilant on protecting our public lands, as well as introducing me to other Backcountry Hunters and Anglers members who shared camp. The poker games and a few shots of fine whiskey at night, fun with friends..... This is what a true wilderness hunt is all about. I will be back next year!

08-Sep-19

Tate's embedded Photo
Tate's embedded Photo
Quarters hanging

08-Sep-19
You showed great restraint on not shooting. If the shot doesn't feel right, don't take it. There will be other opportunities. The distress of making a wounding shot will haunt you. You are welcome back to our camp anytime. Faith, family, and a few friends.

08-Sep-19
That's awesome. Nice work Stix.

08-Sep-19
Nice !!

08-Sep-19
Yes, Dave shot a nice elk, I was an observer and horse wrangler on this hunt, but it was rewarding to help show a new guy how to quarter and pack an elk on a horse.

09-Sep-19
Thanks for the future invite and great adventure

09-Sep-19
Looks like a good time! Good call on passing on a shot you aren't comfortable with. I know it can be hard to stop once you've drawn, but that's an important point of control. Well played!

Also just realized I know you, Stix ... maybe I knew that before and had forgotten that connection? :D Do I know the Dave mentioned above, too? ( Sorry about the derail! )

09-Sep-19
Vanish, pm sent

• Sitka Gear