georgemcg 14-Sep-19
dirtclod Az. 15-Sep-19
georgemcg 16-Sep-19
dirtclod Az. 16-Sep-19
georgemcg 16-Sep-19
Boris 17-Sep-19
georgemcg 18-Sep-19
08-Sep-19
I have finally retired and got out of Illinois and I am new to bowhunting the desert. if anyone might be in either of those towns would be willing to have a beer of cup of coffee I am interested in learning about hunting payson or fountain hills area. not looking for trade secrets just general knowledge and I don't know anyone. George McGoldrick

12-Sep-19
Fountain Hills is fine if you like hunting Retirees. Same with Payson.we have a cabin in Pine 18Mi. outside of Payson.Deer and Elk in all the yards,great place to hunt with a camera.Next door neighbor commutes to Phx. every morning to work? Drive an hour more and explore the Mogollon Rim. Down lower is all desert as the Rattlesnakes will remind you, as well as everything sharp and stinging.Welcome to Az. now go ... Where are you from?

14-Sep-19
finally got out of Illinois, the deer hunting is great but glad to be out. my home borders the national forest in Payson and have elk in the back yard and I have been hiking a lot trying to get used to the elevation. just trying to learn the hunting ropes in the area.

15-Sep-19
Great place,are you in one of the Payson communities? Have you discovered Forest rd. 300 yet on top of the rim. Drive it from Woods Cayon Lake all the way to where it ends at Hwy260/87 then down through Strawberry and Pine, and back to Payson.Great Day trip,take a lunch or stop at the Strawberry Cafe.Also in Pine is Nifty Fifties Diner.Great food and great folks.We have a cabin in Pine up Hardscrabble Mesa rd. Enjoy Your Retirement.Payson has grown,But no like Illinois.

16-Sep-19
I have been going to Pine for 30 years I was just there for lunch yesterday. I have heard of the 300 forest rd and plan on driving it soon. thanks for the info.

16-Sep-19
From llinois and been going to Pine for 30yrs.Ok George you holdin' out. Are you an Az. native that was kidnapped and taken back east and just recently broke free?Ha!,Ha!

16-Sep-19
I have been visiting Arizona for many years and timing was good to sell my business in Illinois and retire to Arizona. Glad to be out of Illinois but will be going back for the first 3 weeks of November to chase whitetails. My in laws were the primary reason for the frequent vacations to Arizona.

17-Sep-19
If you are in the Show low area. Go to Darby's, good eats.

18-Sep-19
Thanks for the Show Low tip my wife is dying to go to the Trump store there.

• Sitka Gear