Stringdoc 22-Sep-19
PECO 22-Sep-19
Colobow 22-Sep-19
Ermine 22-Sep-19
Dale06 22-Sep-19
brewski 26-Sep-19
Surfbow 26-Sep-19
10-Sep-19
I have noticed that people switch up there bows and get new ones quite often. Is there a point to that?I have a 2012 Pse Bowmadness and I'm just wondering if it's worth getting a new bow for next season. How are the new ones better? Is it going to be an investment that is worth it? Thanks.

10-Sep-19
Don't fix what ain't broke.

Unless you're loaded.... then have at it

10-Sep-19
I'd say most of us buy new bows because we just want a new bow not because we need to have a new bow. For me that's been the reason.

10-Sep-19
That is an $800+ decision......on what you have shared here that $800 could be more useful to you in other ways such as your basic living needs and education. If you feel your current bow is no longer working for you, needs expensive repair, whatever, consider buying newer used vs brand new.

I've been bowhunting since the mid-90's and have owned a total of 3 or 4 bows, that I can remember.

10-Sep-19
I've had the same bow since around 1969. Got it used, and it still works as good as the day I got it. I have several other bows, but only because I wanted to try others, not because I "needed" them. As many other people have pointed out over recent years, one of the problems with archery today is the constant pressure from bow companies to get you to buy stuff you don't need.

10-Sep-19
Thanks!

10-Sep-19
I buy a lot of used bows, shoot just as good but a lot cheaper! New bows are like new girlfriends, lots of fun to try out!

10-Sep-19
Also, don't buy the newest, hottest thing on the market. There are some real gems that have been discontinued, and you can often pick those up for a fraction of the original msrp.

11-Sep-19
buy a trad bow and be done. LOL

11-Sep-19

oldgoat's embedded Photo
oldgoat's embedded Photo
oldgoat's embedded Photo
oldgoat's embedded Photo
That don't work goelk, I have more bows now than I ever did when I shot compounds, a lot more!

12-Sep-19
Lol

22-Sep-19
Ok.....mostly agree with what is already posted.....only owned 1 bow until this year.....bought that one 19 years ago......finally needed more repairs than seemed reasonable, and yes I could afford it so went all in on the Mathews Vertix......but figure I have this one another 20 years or more.......and it is super sweet, but gotta learn all over the difference of such a flatter trajectory!!

22-Sep-19
I still shoot a 2008 Diamond Black Ice, and have no plans for a new compound anytime soon. I also shoot longbows and recurves. I have some bows I shoot really well, and I'm past the phase of trying to find the "one."

22-Sep-19
There is reasonable justification in having a backup bow that you are comfortable & used to - just in case #1 goes down during a hunt. Otherwise, yeah, my old Switchback XT still shoots better than me ;)

22-Sep-19
I enjoy getting new bows but when I do a new bow to me is “used”. Much cheaper to go that route.

With that said the bows don’t change much. And I’m probably better off just shooting the bow I have for awhile. But that’s no fun ha

22-Sep-19
Bought a new one in 2012 and a second of the exact same bow after it was discontinued, as a backup. Just sold that seven year old bow and ordered a new 2019 bow that was marked down $150. I shoot a lot and thought it was worth upgrading. Also I wanted a different draw weight. I buy new every 5-7 years to be sure I have reliability and capture the minor improvements. You may have different logic.

26-Sep-19
Archers seem to fall into the same category as Cyclist's, golfers, and fisherman. So many have to have the next greatest make me better bike, bow, club out there. I'm personally thrilled that there are so many out there putting your one year old treasure on ebay for people like me to get at 1/3 the original price. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!!

26-Sep-19
brewski, I'll sell you my 15-year-old golf clubs for 1/3 of their original price...

• Sitka Gear