Anniversary
Yukon Territories
Contributors to this thread:
Salagi 10-Sep-19
HA/KS 11-Sep-19
Annony Mouse 11-Sep-19
Mike the Carpenter 11-Sep-19
10-Sep-19
Today my parents celebrated 71 years of marriage. Ma was in the hospital a couple of days last week with a UTI, but they are both still in pretty good health and living at home. I park the bus at their house so I can check on them twice a day. They are usually outside as much as they can be although their getting around has certainly slowed down, I believe I could catch them if they ever run away. ;) They still heat with wood (we kids do have to cut and split it now), and refuse to have air conditioning in the house. They still drive the 15 miles or so to town whenever they take a notion as well.

Ma pointed out at breakfast this morning that they've been married 71 years, my sister and her husband 51,and my wife and myself 31, (my old hermit brother never married). That's 153 years of marriage between us. Add in my sisters 2 boys and my two girls and the total is right at 200 years of marriages and no divorces. Not bad for a bunch of plain old folks. ;)

11-Sep-19
Congratulations to all!

11-Sep-19
Congrats to all. In this day and age, longevity in marriage makes a big statement.

Cherie and I celebrated our 38th yesterday.

11-Sep-19
Sounds as though you all were raised correctly. You don’t get to see that much anymore. Congratulations.

• Sitka Gear