Sitka Gear
How is it looking in your hunting spots?
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
horsethief51 12-Sep-19
RC 12-Sep-19
horsethief51 12-Sep-19
horsethief51 12-Sep-19
Jeff Durnell 12-Sep-19
RC 12-Sep-19
Vonfoust 12-Sep-19
Rut Nut 12-Sep-19
Supernaut 13-Sep-19
Vonfoust 13-Sep-19
Supernaut 13-Sep-19
Vonfoust 13-Sep-19
Supernaut 13-Sep-19
RC 13-Sep-19
Supernaut 14-Sep-19
RC 14-Sep-19
Supernaut 14-Sep-19
12-Sep-19
I am lucky to live right where I hunt, able to see game right out of the sun room window. The fawns are getting huge here in south eastern Clarion County. Much of the hay has been mowed a second time and what hasn't been should get mowed by the end of the month. The guy who farms here should also be cutting and plowing under a field he turned over this past spring. Recent trips by several of my ladder stands are revealing heavily use trails and rubs on nice sized trees. Lots of acorns on the ground and plenty of browse. I have not checked the cameras lately but it has been encouraging. Found some bear poop too.

12-Sep-19
I've been busy picking mushrooms..

12-Sep-19
Doesn't bow season start in a couple weeks or so? Our ginseng crop is looking pretty good to.

12-Sep-19
Maybe everyone is out west.

12-Sep-19
I'm out west of you a little bit I guess ;^)

I haven't checked any cameras lately either.

12-Sep-19
Ah cameras, compounds, carbons and mechanicals... That oughta do it..

12-Sep-19
Forgot crossbows. :)

12-Sep-19

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Last couple weeks I’ve been scouting over near Promised Land S.P. Where my buddy has a cabin. We’ve been finding some good sign. Will probably hunt a lot with him this season. He didn’t hunt up here last year because they bought the cabin right before Archery season and he didn’t have a doe tag.

13-Sep-19
2B opens next weekend for me and to say I'm excited is an under statement. I'm fortunate enough to have a real nice piece of property to hunt right out my back door and the deer look real healthy this year. I haven't seen any "monsters" behind the house yet but one or two always seem to show up. I'm not a horn hunter so that's ok with me. I just talked with the land owner last night and he wants to thin out the does some this year. I'll have my 12 year old son out in the early doe season at the end of October to hopefully fill a tag and I really look forward to the second season after Christmas.

I've recently received permission to hunt a 60 acre farm about 10 minutes from my house so I've been buy scouting it and the farmer wants it posted this weekend. I'm really excited about this farm because I will be hunting with my brother in law. He is my age, 47, and he is a retired police officer. He was hit by a car going 83 mph while trying to throw out spike strips to stop a drunk, high underage car thief. I've seen the video and can not believe he is alive today. He has lost much of the function of his right arm due to the incident so he hunts with a crossbow. He is a great guy, an excellent hunter and we will have a great time hunting together.

All my gear is ready to go. My Tuffhead Meatheads are flying great out of my recurve, my hunting clothes are out hanging in the breeze, I'm driving my wife nuts with all my hunting chatter, all is right in my world.

Here is hoping you all have a memorable, safe and blessed season!

13-Sep-19
Supernaut, has your BIL been on the news in western PA a couple times? If so, I remember the story. Sounds like you have a great year ahead.

13-Sep-19
Vonfoust, it was on the news but in Daytona FLA. He was hit about 2 and a half years ago now and he's been retired for about a year and a half. The kid that hit him was 16, drunk, high, stolen car and intentionally swerved to hit him as he was throwing out the spike strips. He'll be out of prison this year as the courts have deemed "They don't want to punish someone for the rest of their life for a mistake they made as a juvenile". Life goes on and I'm happy my brother in law is still here to hunt with me and as they say, "Karma is a bitch".

13-Sep-19
Must be another one I'm confusing, putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 once again:)

13-Sep-19
No worries vonfoust, math was never my strong suit either LOL. Good luck this season!

13-Sep-19
Ya those claridge boys haint too bright....

14-Sep-19
RC, I'll have you know I live in Boquet but I'm a true redneck Saltsburg transplant LOL. I won't get into my opinions of Paintertown folks IQ's cause I'm a nice guy ; ). Now if you'll excuse me, I've been working on this project of driving a square peg into a round hole and I think I just about have it licked.

14-Sep-19
A square peg will fit in a round hole and a round peg will fit in a square hole. Fugger dat one out there Saltsburg boy:)

14-Sep-19
The calculations required to figure that out are beyond my pay grade RC. My dad was a coal miner, when all else fails I just grab a bigger hammer.

• Sitka Gear