paramednick 29-Oct-19
chuckles 18-Jan-20
Flyfishfreak 27-Jan-20
12-Sep-19

vichris's embedded Photo
Medium sized 6x6
vichris's embedded Photo
Medium sized 6x6
My wife got it done on her mobility impaired archery hunt. Took this decent bull with her Wicked Ridge crossbow

12-Sep-19

vichris's embedded Photo
One more pic
vichris's embedded Photo
One more pic

12-Sep-19
Congrats to you and your wife.

I see numerous NM bulls on the main forum from non-residents but where are all the local killers on the NM forum?? hope I get lucky on the second hunt!

13-Sep-19
Thanks mrelite, ya I was kinda surprised there was no meatpole like there was in the old days. On the other hand, I also, have become much more selective about posting stuff on public forums. You'll note the lack of details....... ;>)

16-Sep-19

JSW's embedded Photo
JSW's embedded Photo
I filled my tag on Saturday evening.

16-Sep-19
Nice deer Jim!

16-Sep-19
Congrats Jim! Nice buck! Congrats to you as well Chris.

17-Sep-19
really nice buck. congrats..

18-Sep-19
Man, that a beautiful buck. Still looking to fill my tag. Looking for one like this. Past on several smaller bucks. Congrats Jim.

18-Sep-19
Thanks everyone. Sometimes I'm in awe of how blessed I am.

21-Sep-19

TCTORO 's embedded Photo
TCTORO 's embedded Photo
Finally got back to NM yesterday to get after the bulls in 53. First few hours were hot and quiet! Felt like the first week of the hunt, but then around 9 the bulls started up! We had a few bulls starting bulging back n forth so we joined the choir and got down between three bulls. The father in law backed up about 100yds and started raking a tree and calling and the bulls started going nuts. I worked my way around a hill as two bulls were sounding off and I set up again. I was on a small trail when I caught movement and sure enough it was a small 5x coming straight towards me, he was moving so fast he that passed by me at 15yds before I could do anything! I thought damn I blew that opp, but then I heard glunking coming from where the 5x came from and I saw him, a nice 6x with big whale tails, he was headed up towards the father in law, so i screamed at him with a bugle and two cow calls and he turned and ran right down the trail i was on, fast fast! I knocked an arrow and was trying to find my opp to draw but no trees between us to obscure my movement. He got to about 10yds and laid his head back to bugle right in my face and I figured draw now or get run over lol, as I drew he saw me and jumped and turned to run, a bugle stopped him perfectly at 20yds and the bright red luminock was all that I could see sticking out right on the X where I had settled my pin! He went about 50yds as I bugled and I heard the crash!! BULL DOWN! Slow hunt turned hot as hell really fast! We had to get back into the deep thick to find these guys and it was 10 when I shot him and i walked out with a full backpack and his rack at 4pm. Headed back today with horses to get the rest!

21-Sep-19

TCTORO 's embedded Photo
TCTORO 's embedded Photo
Finally got back to NM yesterday to get after the bulls in 53. First few hours were hot and quiet! Felt like the first week of the hunt, but then around 9 the bulls started up! We had a few bulls starting bulging back n forth so we joined the choir and got down between three bulls. The father in law backed up about 100yds and started raking a tree and calling and the bulls started going nuts. I worked my way around a hill as two bulls were sounding off and I set up again. I was on a small trail when I caught movement and sure enough it was a small 5x coming straight towards me, he was moving so fast he that passed by me at 15yds before I could do anything! I thought damn I blew that opp, but then I heard glunking coming from where the 5x came from and I saw him, a nice 6x with big whale tails, he was headed up towards the father in law, so i screamed at him with a bugle and two cow calls and he turned and ran right down the trail i was on, fast fast! I knocked an arrow and was trying to find my opp to draw but no trees between us to obscure my movement. He got to about 10yds and laid his head back to bugle right in my face and I figured draw now or get run over lol, as I drew he saw me and jumped and turned to run, a bugle stopped him perfectly at 20yds and the bright red luminock was all that I could see sticking out right on the X where I had settled my pin! He went about 50yds as I bugled and I heard the crash!! BULL DOWN! Slow hunt turned hot as hell really fast! We had to get back into the deep thick to find these guys and it was 10 when I shot him and i walked out with a full backpack and his rack at 4pm. Headed back today with horses to get the rest!

21-Sep-19

21-Sep-19
Not sure why the pics are posting sideways n upside down lol sorry

25-Sep-19
Very cool Vichris! Congrats to your wife!

27-Sep-19
Thanks Trophyhill, It was a really fun hunt with a lot of quality time with my honey. I'm always bit surprised that she enjoys just being out there as much as I do. Hunting out of a cabin made it nice too. Like Jim I just feel so blessed and fortunate to be able to still be doing this. BTW Congratulations to you TCTORO on a beautiful bull. I really enjoyed reading your story. Thanks for posting.

01-Oct-19

Outdoorsdude's embedded Photo
Second season was on fire. Played ring around the juniper with a few bulls. This guy gave me a frontal at 20 so I took it!

01-Oct-19

Here's that frontal, it was to the on side.

03-Oct-19
Good stuff guys n gals! Keep it up

07-Oct-19

Trophyhill's embedded Photo
2019 has been good to me. A mulie in January, and now a great bull :)

07-Oct-19

Oops double post. Can't seem to delete it...

09-Oct-19
double post my arse...you're just bragging LOL

Congrats again

09-Oct-19
Lol thanks Carl!

29-Oct-19

paramednick's embedded Photo
September 9th- unit 16b
September 9th- unit 16b

18-Jan-20

chuckles's embedded Photo
chuckles's embedded Photo
my 19 bull, heartshot at 10 yards, he walked 10 feet and tipped....Damn!!!what a feelin...

27-Jan-20
I wished I could add some nice pics to this thread, but I did save $100 by switching to Geico.....ah , not I didn't ....but thanks to every one who has shared a pic , sure makes a guy day dream wishful thinking...

• Sitka Gear