Showboat 13-Sep-19
DoorKnob 13-Sep-19
Tweed 13-Sep-19
DoorKnob 13-Sep-19
Showboat 16-Sep-19
12-Sep-19

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
I used to think time in the woods= success. These next statements are for the private land hunter. The past 5 years I have only been hunting 1/2 as much as I did in my younger years but I still shoot as many or more deer as I ever have. I believe a lot of this has to do with the decreased amount of pressure that I'm putting on the area. Other than opening morning this year, I will not be able to hunt Wisconsin for a few weeks because of other opportunity's, hunting other states. This should leave most of my stands very fresh and ready for the Rut. The only unknown this year is what kind of deterrent is the logging of all my downed tornado trees in October going to have on this hunting season. If I was still a public land hunter, I would be changing hunting stand locations often, meaning miles between stand sites not yards. Don't forget about opening day of duck season and also pheasant hunting. Use other guys movements to dictate where you will be. I know when my stamina prevailed I would pick the farthest spot from the parking lots to pick a stand location. Good luck to everyone this year! Be safe and wear a harness and Lifeline.

12-Sep-19
This is the hunting version of work smarter not harder. I too have cut my actual hunts down but have enjoyed better success. I have family and friends that burn their land out before mid October. They don't get and probably never will. If they enjoy themselves that's all that matters to me. It's when they complain about not seeing deer that gets a little old. You try to help them and explain hunt less to kill more. They look at you like you are speaking another language.

12-Sep-19
I am the opposite. I find myself spending much more time out hunting now as compared to earlier in life. My season is complete just by being able to participate. I think I’d rather get to hunt an entire season than kill a trophy buck on the first day’s sit. I have a fair amount of spots to hunt and am very happy with the deer and other wildlife I see.

12-Sep-19
X2 Capt.....killing a deer early and sitting out the change in the woods in Oct. and Nov. would suck. I would much rather hunt than kill. Add a big buck to the mix is the pinnacle.

12-Sep-19
I agree Mike, I would rather also hunt the entire season and I do but I hop around from 1 property to another be it public or private. But definitely saving the best for November.

12-Sep-19
We've done the same thing over the past few years with our private. I don't actually hunt less. Just a lot more public land hunting which I almost enjoy more. We also use observation sits more which don't burn out spots but are great for seeing how deer are using the farm

12-Sep-19
I just like being in the woods if I didn't have to bring the bow to convince my wife I was hunting instead of "relaxing" I would probably leave it at home most of the time

12-Sep-19
Chief for the win!

13-Sep-19
I love being out in the woods also in the Fall. It's my favorite time of the year. But, I am out there to hunt. Just going out to scout or look around I bring my bow with to stump shoot. Problem with fall is there are too many things and not enough time it seems. I don't like to give up any of my time out there. The older I get the more it seems to bother me when I am stopped from hunting on a day off.

13-Sep-19
Would not be the same without the chance to shoot a deer that I wanted to kill. And, my wife knows my hunting is my relaxation.

13-Sep-19
I have to weigh in here. I'm semi-retired and I love that I can go hunt now practically anytime I choose. When I was working fulltime it was much more limited, of course. Now I have planted food plots, checked cameras, put up stands, trimmed shooting lanes, and am loving life! Can't wait to get in the stand and enjoy my favorite sport.

13-Sep-19
Dang show, I could have wrote that. Did you read my mind?

13-Sep-19
^braggards!

13-Sep-19
Ok tweed, closer to home, as I age it gets harder to outrun their husbands !!

16-Sep-19
Ha! Ha! I must've read your mind, Doorknob. I'm not bragging though, Tweed, just tickled pink to be able to enjoy the best sport around. Good luck to all my brothers of archery hunts!

• Sitka Gear