Missouribreaks 27-Sep-19
JL 30-Sep-19
hoyt-6190 30-Sep-19
sbschindler 30-Sep-19
hoyt-6190 30-Sep-19
sbschindler 30-Sep-19
hoyt-6190 01-Oct-19
13-Sep-19
I am supposed to leave on saturday for a 9 day hunt in the Breaks north of Winnett and have been getting mixed signals on what the weather has been like up there. I have been scouring weather apps and trying to figure out what I should do. Does anyone know how bad the rain has been this past week? I know how bad those roads can get and just want to make sure it's still worth the trip over

13-Sep-19
check out this thread https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=486273&messages=16&forum=5

13-Sep-19
I just got an email from another hunter north of winnett, he was in there yesterday and said they started drying out. Marina at crooked creek yesterday mornig said the road coming down the hill was slimy, but the wind was blowing and sun was out. He said road should be better in a few hours.I would imagine with the forecast today and saturday you will be able to get a round more and more as it dries out. I would imagaine the roads are rutted to shit cause thats just how it is up there. No one wants wait a few days. Crooked Creek road is an all weather road for the most part. I will head up at the end of next week, maybe bump into one another.Good luck.

13-Sep-19
I am also headed there on the 21st for a couple weeks, Just glad I did not plan on the opening week.

14-Sep-19
Well I will be in a silver chevy, if you see me buried to the hilt, help a man out ha

14-Sep-19
I think you will be able to get around. If not wait til midday Sunday to go down the roads that were a bit more slimy. It’s supposed to hit mid to up 80 Sunday

14-Sep-19
There has been more rain towards Jordan than in the western portion.

24-Sep-19
going to be really wet in the breaks starting Friday, hunting is going to be tough

24-Sep-19
they are predicting over 3 inches of rain a bit further north and west in the little Rockies area, this generally means creek crossings further south into the breaks are in serious trouble, but it may take 24 to 48 hours b4 the water shows up

25-Sep-19
Just got back from the breaks, figured it was best to get out ahead of the mass on this storm. I got in there Friday it rained all night. Basically had the area to myself for an entire two days. Elk were talking and started to quiet down once the roads started to become passable. Watched a guy bugle at a bull for 3 hours on Monday. I got into them had a few close encounters.Hopefully I can make it up before the end of the season.

27-Sep-19
I heard the roads are real bad in places, more snow and rain coming.

30-Sep-19

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
It sounds like it's pretty bad in the breaks. I'll be in Broadus soon. I see they are going to get some rain then it clears up. How long does it usually take for the gumbo on the back roads to dry up once the weather clears?

30-Sep-19
Hope to make it up one last time next week. Hopefully the pressure has died off and the weather is good. I think that area is sAturated enough for the fall

30-Sep-19
more gumbo and clay soils in the breaks, especially on the west end, if the sun comes out and it warms up a bit and the wind blows it generally gets passable with in a few days..

30-Sep-19
Does any one have any past experience with hunting the last part of bow season? Do they tend to still be rutting?

30-Sep-19
most if not all of the cows will be bred, but the bulls are bugling maybe more than ever and all steamed up and ready for action, once you get into the 2nd week of Oct things do slow down but it is a gradual pace

01-Oct-19
Well if the weather holds I’ll have to give it a last try.

• Sitka Gear