DoorKnob 13-Sep-19
Reggiezpop 13-Sep-19
DoorKnob 13-Sep-19
DoorKnob 13-Sep-19
Reggiezpop 13-Sep-19
DoorKnob 14-Sep-19
Two Feathers 14-Sep-19
13-Sep-19
When I bought my license I got to choose public or private for doe tags so I got one of each. If I shoot a doe on private land but that land is in 'managed forest crop" and the public can hunt it, which tag does it get, public or private?

13-Sep-19
I’ll look it up, but I’m almost certain public tags should be used.

13-Sep-19
I think private. About ownership. public land is a public forest or park or some such. far as I figure anyway.

13-Sep-19
A: Private lands open to public hunting that are enrolled in the Managed Forest Law, Forest Crop Law or Voluntary Public Access programs are considered public lands for the purpose of deer hunting and where antlerless tags are valid.

Found on the DNR website

13-Sep-19
Kool. can you link us up? I might have to get some public tags ...

13-Sep-19
That raises another confusion ... suppose my neighbor has land in a program, but I do not rely on the program to hunt there, I just ask : hey bud can I hunt that back 40? he says sure fine.

I guess either tag would work if what RZ found is accurate. Especially considering if the owner him/herself hunted it. confuzzling to say the least

13-Sep-19

Reggiezpop's Link
It’s under the FAQ section of the VPA section of the DNR site. Hoping this link works...

14-Sep-19
Thanks, that clears it up.

14-Sep-19
Reggiezpop thanks. Public it is.

• Sitka Gear