CSAL 27-Sep-19
skipmaster1 28-Sep-19
NewHunterNYC 30-Sep-19
Jakeyjake 30-Sep-19
Shootthebull 07-Oct-19
Refund 21-Oct-19
21-Sep-19

Dr. Williams's Link
Just wondering what New Yorkers think of what is going on on Staten Island. The CT guys are all nutted up about it suggesting it should be bow hunted. Should it? If you had the opportunity to bow hunt it, would you want to? The CT guys are mad about the fact that NYC tax dollars are being spent on the project, despite the fact that it is not any of their tax dollars. I assume some guys here are paying taxes in NYC....

21-Sep-19

Dr. Williams's Link
Link to the CT thread.

21-Sep-19
As an upstate NY taxpayer nothing stupid, wasteful and politically correct that NYC or Albany does surprises me any longer. The silence from most common sense NYers is because we are suffering from PTSD from all the stupidity from our one party political regime.

27-Sep-19
They should make it a special draw and make money on it. Goes to show how stupid they are. They look for every single way to tax you but wont look at something common sense that you would willing hand your money over for. I know their local population of 'people's down there would throw a fit but sometimes you have to just ignore the loudest people in the room...

28-Sep-19
It should absolutely be a deer management program utilizing hunters. Lottery system of qualified applicants. Strict sign in/ out policy of designated locations. Possibly make it a prerequisite that you’ve already been involved with a deer management program. I’d up the proficiency tests that a lot of programs are using now, 3 out of 4 arrows in a 6” circle at 30 yards.... to maybe 3 out of 3 and with broadheads. Keep the hunter numbers low as I’ve seen through experience, one guy on a property can shoot 30 deer but you put 30 guys on that property and 30 deer will not get shot. It’s 100% feasible to do and could be started in a small test spot. It will never happen though because it’s political suicide for anyone to make that call and it’s easy for them to waste tax dollars.

30-Sep-19

NewHunterNYC's Link
One constructive solution

30-Sep-19
Night hunting with professional sharp shooter, donate meat to homeless

07-Oct-19
What they are doing on Staten Island has not been working. I work on the south shore of staten island and am regularly driving the streets out there due to my job and the deer population is still too high. I regularly see this years fawns out and about in traffic. I have a degree in conservation biology and from what I can see this was a complete waste of money by the city. I have no idea why they decided to go this route. Hiring sharp shooters would have been the proper and cheaper way to solve this problem. As much as I would like a bow hunt it just doesn’t seem like there is enough wooded areas to make it a safe and effective solution. I understand these projects take time but this was supposed to be it...what the taxpayers initially paid White Buffalo was supposed to be it. Now we gave the company another large sum of money and who knows if it will even work.

21-Oct-19

Refund's embedded Photo
Refund's embedded Photo
Refund's embedded Photo
Refund's embedded Photo
There are some real brutes on the Island..

It would be nice if you do a proficiency test to qualify for a lottery. There is plenty of State and City owned property on Staten Island that hold loads of deer. Supervised by the Rangers out here, only allowing a small number of hunters on each piece of land per day/week to keep pressure down.

There was already a wave of poaching issues on Staten Island, not to mention people cutting the heads off of road kill.

• Sitka Gear