raceguy97 23-Sep-19
Dogman 23-Sep-19
raceguy97 24-Sep-19
Red Sparky 25-Sep-19
raceguy97 25-Sep-19
Red Sparky 26-Sep-19
raceguy97 28-Sep-19
21-Sep-19
What is the deal with the “Off Reservation Trust Land”? Can it be traveled through to access BLM/state ground?

21-Sep-19
It means it's private and the same rules apply.

23-Sep-19
If you can get a road number I suggest calling the closest BIA office (I think there are two) and go from there.

23-Sep-19
It is just hard to stomach that it is treated like private since by definition it is “held in trust my the Dept of Interior”. Tough to find any info about it on the net.

24-Sep-19
From what I gather, the Interior holds the title to the land but the tribes are the beneficiary and tribal rules apply. It's considered "reparation" as tribal residents had no way of leaving the reservation to access healthcare and education. So the Fed bought lands and built roads.

Like I said, call the BIA and ask. You can also ask the tribe directly. I once got permission to hunt ducks on a flooded field below Cochiti Dam, I simply went to the tribal office and asked for permission.

25-Sep-19
Wonder if they would give you permission to hunt the elk herd that crosses the road every morning?

25-Sep-19
Nah, Bow won't fit in my golf bag.

26-Sep-19
I was talking about the ones below the dam. Nice to know there are some by the golf course. Biggest damn rattlesnake I ever saw was going to the golf course.

28-Sep-19
I think I ran over that snake, stretched across the road. It was already mushed. Santa Anna has signs, "shank it, it's up to you with snakes" in a brief . I've seen a few elk roaming around Cochititi golf course. It does't hurt to ask.

• Sitka Gear