hawkeye in PA 25-Sep-19
Will tell 26-Sep-19
Jeff Durnell 27-Sep-19
Red Beastmaster 28-Sep-19
Brad Gehman 28-Sep-19
Red Beastmaster 28-Sep-19
Jeff Durnell 29-Sep-19
24-Sep-19
I understand you no longer have to wear Flo. Orange while Archery hunting Deer, Bear or Elk. I do have a question. If I'm Archery hunting Deer and and a nice fat Rabbit hops up and I kill it during Rabbit season wearing all camo and no Orange can I be arrested. Can you kill Rabbits or Pheasants while Archery hunting in camo????

25-Sep-19
Will, I just pulled up the regs. on my laptop and from what I can figure you would be ok to shoot small game if you were archery hunting in camo if the chance presented itself. This would be a great question for an actual game commissioner to answer as it does present a slightly grey area in the regs. My son and I sit down and read the regs. every year (he's 12) there is a lot of good info. in the handbook and you can download a pdf copy of it on line from the game commission's website. I've also found that every game commissioner I've ever encountered is always very helpful and willing to answer any questions I've had. It's always best to error on the side of caution, ask questions, than to get pinched for a violation or worse yet shot in the field for lack of orange. Hopefully someone will respond that can give you a more definitive answer.

25-Sep-19
Small game hunting with a bow is the same as using a gun. Orange is required.

If you are going archery deer hunting and think you might get a shot at a squirrel just wear your orange.

25-Sep-19
And I thought they simplified the fluorescent rules.

25-Sep-19
It is very simple.

Archery deer: no orange.

Small game: yes orange.

25-Sep-19
Groundhog? Orange hat.

Two different times I've arrowed groundhogs and 8 pt bucks within minutes of each other, and then the occasional squirrel and deer combo hunt ;^)

So I don't usually leave home without that crappy, stupid, demoralizing flo orange.

25-Sep-19
I carry one of those little fluorescent Orange vests with me for "just in case". They are about the size of a handkerchief folded up. Its also really handy for safety if you get in around fall Turkey , grouse / pheasant hunters. They are usually 5 -6 dollars.

26-Sep-19
I called the Game Com. And you fellas are right. Do not shoot any small game unless you have 250" of flo orange on. Hope this will save someone from paying a fine. You still can hunt Turkeys and you can still shoot Racoons, Foxes, Coyotes, Possums, skunks and Weasels without the flo. Orange.

27-Sep-19
Hawkeye, that's the same thing I have... can ball it up in one hand, would fit in a small pocket... bare minimum. Still hate it :^)

28-Sep-19
There are so many knuckleheads out there blasting at anything that moves I never really had a problem wearing orange. Then you add the stupid inlines, Jr/Sr rifle (the two groups with the worst judgement), allowing RIFLES for turkeys, youth this and that, etc, etc. Nope, I'll be wearing orange anytime I'm away from my little woodlot behind the house.

28-Sep-19
Did you know that hunting is one of the safest outdoor recreations? Why do hunters continue to say it's unsafe?

28-Sep-19
Oh, I don't know. Maybe I became concerned after my high school teacher was mistaken for an antlered deer and killed. Or perhaps it was the time a friend walked out of the woods only to see a hunter aiming his inline at him (he thought Mikes white fletching was a tail). Or maybe it was the guy who was shot in the back of the head when his ponytail was mistaken for a turkeys beard. Or when a coworker was shot through the top of his hat on a deer hunt.

Brad, it doesn't matter what I have ever said on here. You have always disagreed.

Have a good season and be safe out there.

29-Sep-19
It is relatively safe, but has its moments. I personally know several folks who've been shot, including myself. A few of them, it was pretty frickin bad. Throw in the close calls I've had, and we could be here a while talking about it.

I still hate flo orange. Shouldn't need it. But people are idiots so....

• Sitka Gear