IW 439 4 Life 26-Sep-19
BC173 26-Sep-19
LBshooter 26-Sep-19
hancockcountyIL 26-Sep-19
awh302 26-Sep-19
BOHUNTER09 28-Sep-19
HeadHunter® 28-Sep-19
25-Sep-19
I was sent an email from a local Illinois outfitter with the prices for a 5 day hunt. I was shocked to see a rut hunt for $4,600! A 3 day gun hunt was $4,200. Is this the norm when people come to hunt at an outfitter in Illinois? Maybe I’m getting old or out of touch but it seems like a lot of money to spend for the possibility of shooting a deer.

26-Sep-19
Those are similar to the prices charged in our east central county. Although some outfitters don't always have permission to hunt the property that they say they do. Not all outfitters are reputable.

26-Sep-19
I hope they price themselves right out of the business.

26-Sep-19
Yep, those are real and some I have seen as high as 5k. Amazing what some will pay to shoot an average whitetail lol. The days of 150' plus whitetails hiding behind every tree in the triangle no longer exsist, as if they ever did,but don't tell the guys who drop big money to hunt them. One of the outfitters and the name escapes me t the moment was caught baiting and the hunters on stand didn't know about it, but they were also fined. Take your five grand , buy a new bow and a hotel room for a week and go hunt some public land or search for private. Still it's od farmers willing to allow hunting on their land, you just have to do the work.

26-Sep-19
I've heard of those ridiculous prices as well-I think, sometimes, food is not included in that price. Quite the rip-off to not be guaranteed a shot.

26-Sep-19
I bought 70 acres about 10 years ago and financed about $70,000. My payments are about $400 per month. The amount I’m paying per year is the same as if I went to an outfitter so why wouldn’t you just do that. You can hunt it all year and in the end I you would own it.

I guess some like the easy way of not doing any work and just hunting.

28-Sep-19
I bought 25 acres for 33k in 2008. Killed 6 P&Y whitetails since.

28-Sep-19
Outfitters are really only selling "The Hope Of" ..... in all reality! And the bucks they show on their happy hunters killed...... are No Longer There! .........find some Private Ground to hunt on your own! ..... just my $.02 cents .....

• Sitka Gear