Pat Lefemine 05-Feb-20
Trial153 06-Feb-20
UPSTATE 30-Mar-20
26-Sep-19

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Fifth one so far
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Fifth one so far
He nocks down every camera watching my cornfield.

27-Sep-19

KC's embedded Photo
KC's embedded Photo
This one just looked at the camera and walked on by. There were 3 bears within 2 miles of my house the 3rd week of july.

27-Sep-19
Take em out!

28-Sep-19
For some reason they love cameras. I have had them bite them and pull them off trees as well.

28-Sep-19

Trigger's embedded Photo
Trigger's embedded Photo
Deer like em too!

29-Sep-19
Probably scent on camera that attracts them. Salt or other food scents from your hands.

30-Sep-19
Can’t kill bears in ct

03-Oct-19
Huh?

08-Jan-20
Pat, something that worked for me was replacing the straps with bungee cords. I was getting cameras torn off trees and eaten all the time, but once I changed out all the straps, the bears will mess with them but don't rip them off and chew on them. Good luck with your bears. I had 7 different ones and they all disappeared the week before hunting season. Damn

08-Jan-20
Jay, same here. Bears all over the place until opening day then they all vanished.

14-Jan-20
I found out a good bear was killed on my property this rifle season, that’s the 5th since 2008

16-Jan-20
Yeah, Pat, I could get going on the ineptitude and mismanagement of the DEC and, but I don't want to start swearing.... The lack of a Spring bear season, the inability to bait them and dog training season right before the Fall season opens pretty much promises that you will never see a bear unless you just blunder in to it. You can't pattern them and if you see one, it will probably be one that was pushed off a neighboring property.. This state is a nightmare. I question why I retired here every friggen day... Damn

16-Jan-20
Yes, the DEC is not perfect, but most of the ineptitude is the politicians tying their hands and making decisions about things they know absolutely nothing about.

19-Jan-20
shawlerbrook, sorry but I have to disagree. There’s plenty of ineptitude in the DEC as well. 2 years ago when I called Region 6 headquarters to sign up for my Fisher and Marten trapping permit . The lead biologist told me over the phone he had a hard time distinguishing between a squirrel and a Marten track. This is the person managing our furbearers .

When I had my fisher pelts tagged by my local Conservation Officer, I asked when is the DEC going to quit the mandatory collection of jaw bones from fisher, and whole carcasses of Marten? She replied, as soon as we run out of freezer space at the Dadville office. She then said , the freezers are full of carcasses and skulls, biologists have never looked at.

19-Jan-20
Squash, no need to apologize because Inthink we agree. I said the DEC is not perfect and you pointed out individuals and circumstances, but not big policy issues, like Xbow, season dates and length, hunting ages, etc. These things are all political decisions made by elected “experts” in Albany, with big $$ lobbyists from all over the US. Policies, laws, budgets and even personnel issues are not controlled by the biologists and professionals, but by politicians. Believe me, I had 32 years of first hand experience.

19-Jan-20
New York’s deer regulations and seasons suck. Can’t sugar coat it at all.

05-Feb-20
X2. It’s really a joke to anyone who hunts multiple states. So there’s no doe tags in the northern zone because there’s so few deer - so instead let’s give hunters two buck tags and a six week gun season that encompasses the entire pre, peak and post rut.

Yeah, that sounds great. (Sarcasm)

06-Feb-20
I have property in zone that hasn't had doe tags for the last 20 years, yet they allow either sex muzzle loader and archery tags to be used. NY deer regulations and seasons suck

30-Mar-20
My biggest, number one complaint of NYS regulations is the " wait until sunrise" law. No other state does that (as far as I know). Have these guys never sat in a treestand 20-30 minutes before sunrise. Any way the nice bear thread is morphing into the usual NYS regulations complaint,Sorry. Good luck with the bear Pat.

• Sitka Gear