Shirl 29-Sep-19
Red Sparky 30-Sep-19
Trophyhill 30-Sep-19
Weekend Warrior 01-Oct-19
Shirl 04-Oct-19
Shirl 04-Oct-19
Trophyhill 06-Oct-19
29-Sep-19
Hi, so I am new to bow hunting-actually to hunting in general. As a single Mom I worked way too much when my kids were young-took up bow hunting as a way to spend some quality time with my Son. This will be my 2nd hunt. I drew unit 16-which means I can hunt all of unit 16-A, B, C, D, E for any antlered deer in January-Mule or Whitetail. I am hoping for advise as to what area in unit 16 would be my best bet for a successful deer hunt-I don't expect honey hole info, only hoping for advice on a good area to hunt as unit 16 is a large area & I won't have much time to scout-I still have to work, and it's a drive from ABQ to get out there as much as I would like. Thank you for your consideration and hunting tips you may share would be greatly appreciated.

30-Sep-19
The only advice I can give is in the wilderness way down in 16B. Not sure I would hike in there in January since you would have 2 river crossings. Believe me any bow hunt is already a successful hunt. Have a good time.

30-Sep-19
I drove thru from Silver City up to Snow Lake and down to Reserve back in February. Being a fairly mild winter with only minimal snow, it was very sloppy and there was some nasty ice built up on the forest roads in a few places. Saw some elk in A but didn't see any deer. Although I'm sure there are some deer. If I were hunting deer, I'd hang out and glass the more open country of A and C and make a plan once you find them. If it gets pounded with snow you could be in for a messy drive. I would definitely have chains for your tires in any event so you don't find yourself stuck. I would also recommend an InReach. I know they are costly, but "could" save your life.

01-Oct-19
Seen deer in the 16D/16C area from Collins Park to O Bar O Mountain. Also up Long Canyon. 16A down Eckleberger Canyon

04-Oct-19
Thank you, Red Sparky, Trophyhill & Weekend Warrior for you tips-I greatly appreciate your time & advice.

04-Oct-19
Thank you, Red Sparky, Trophyhill & Weekend Warrior for you tips-I greatly appreciate your time & advice.

06-Oct-19
Hope you kill a good one Shirl!

• Sitka Gear