ground hunter 05-Oct-19
Basspro654 05-Oct-19
JL 05-Oct-19
Bows the way 08-Oct-19
ground hunter 12-Oct-19
ground hunter 22-Oct-19
JL 23-Oct-19
01-Oct-19
Was just wondering where everyone is. Just finished shooting a few arrows at my target, the only shooting I will get today. I hope that those that venture out play it safe, and good luck. And just remember, shoot often and keep em in the ten ring.....oops wrong show....make the shot count, hit em in the vitals!!!!!

01-Oct-19
I was weather watching. A little rain and breeze I don't mind. I'm not a big lightening fan though. I might roll down tomorrow and spend the night at the cabin and try to get up in the stand in between storms. Can't stay too many days as I have to get everything turned around for an upcoming Montana road trip next week.

01-Oct-19
First ever deer hunt at my new retirement house in Jackson County. Hot..... Hot..... and Hot...... saw a few does and fawns and a longbeard. Heard a flock of turkeys going up to roost near me at dark. I’m holding out for one of the bucks I’ve caught on camera. Great start to my hunting here. Peace.

02-Oct-19
The weather kept me in yesterday afternoon. Lots of does and fawns on my camera I might get to hunt on Sunday. Good luck.

02-Oct-19
I almost made the drive down to the cabin just to hunt this evening but figured I'll be patient and wait until tomorrow. There will be some weather but it's supposed to get better in the afternoon and be great for Friday.

02-Oct-19
Got rained on steadily tonight.. Saw a few does and fawns. It was a lot cooler than yesterday.

03-Oct-19
I had a five pointer and a 3 pointer in my back yard eating my wife’s plants at about 2 this afternoon as I was suiting up to go out to my stand. Saw one doe.

05-Oct-19
a lot of deer in central western UP...... which is good to see..... whats my worry is the grouse, but they will come back, I am sure..... there is so much quality cover, and so little birds, except woodcock.......

The quality cover, is heaven for the deer, yesterday, we covered from Gibb city to Channing, with 4 dogs, and 3 hunters. We pushed out about 35 deer all day, hunting grouse, and woodcock...........

Timber mgt personnel told me in Sagola, they have no idea of what to do with all the lumber, since with politics etc, hard to distribute, yet they continue to cut, which we need for habitat.............

Saw 3 spikes, 2 5 pointers, and one really nice 8 ..... lots of does and fawns

05-Oct-19
Has been a great sit today in Osceola county had my first 8 point walk in behind me and put a little show on rubbing on sapling hoping he circles around later on way back to bedding area.

05-Oct-19
I was out Thursday night at the cabin doing chores and sitting on a plot. Busted two walking into the plot. Didn't see anything on the stand. I left about 20 minute before sunset so as not to get caught after legal hours. The cam showed some of the does came in 25 minutes after I sneaked out of there...so I guessed that one correctly.

08-Oct-19
Saw nothing the bear and wolves moved in. I got a fat sow with 3 kids has decided to make a home at my place. Ugh

12-Oct-19
I was on the ground the last few days,,, seen a lot of deer,,, woods are beautiful,,,,, have not released an arrow,,,,, heading to Nebraska this Thursday, then on to Iowa for a scout, then into SW Wis, by the first week of November,,,,, should be back depending on tags filled, prior to gun season.........................

no shortage of deer in Iron County

22-Oct-19
just got back home, came into town today, a quick look around Iron County, lots of does, weather is changing, should be getting good,,,,,,, good luck everyone

23-Oct-19
I'm heading to the cabin today for a few days. Hopefully the activity is picking up.

• Sitka Gear