Bob McArthur 05-Oct-19
Pope125 05-Oct-19
J.Sobetsky 05-Oct-19
Pope125 05-Oct-19
J.Sobetsky 05-Oct-19
nickhead 10-Nov-20
Bowhunting 5C 11-Nov-20
01-Oct-19
I decided to try hunting Evansburg state park this year. I have done some pre-season scouting and I think I have found some good spots but always willing to listen experience. Anyone got any tips to share? I don't expect anyone to share their go to spots but I won't get mad if they did.

01-Oct-19
Moved away from there 15 years ago. Back before that I would hunt along the Skippack Creek north of Ridge Pike on the east side of the creek. Used to be an Ag field there. You can get closer by going north on Grange Ave and left on the first road. Not sure how far you can drive towards the creek now. Might be some access off of Level Road too.

02-Oct-19
Hunt right next to there. Loaded with deer but way to many people educate the ones that are. Once Archery season starts, they become more ski-dish and flee for thick cover. And once the orange army drives them out opening day, they will not return till after February..

02-Oct-19
Hunt just outside the 50 yard safety zone behind the houses along Evansburg Rd, Level Rd, Grange Ave, etc., especially when the small game season starts.

03-Oct-19
They used to kill some good ones in there 20 years ago , good luck dealing with all the people .

03-Oct-19
Suburban Bowhunting 101: Use other people to your an advantage. Example - When small game hunters and/or shotgun deer hunters hit the Woods: Get to your stand at least an hour before shooting light and keep 75 to 100 yards inside the gunners 150 yard safety zone. The deer will be pushed to you.

03-Oct-19
Thanks for all of the info guys. Bob, I never thought about focusing on the 100yds inside of the gun safety zone. I am going to try that.

04-Oct-19
Bob, ever spend much time in E-Burgh? There is no such thing as keeping distance between the gunners there... Deer and small game alike, it is congested and crowded. The small gamers try to take it over and do not forget about the dogs.. Yeah, they will ruin an archery hunt by themselves. And the 50 yard safety zone? Yeah, good luck with that as everyone has the same idea.

04-Oct-19
People still shoot monsters there. I hunt evansburg regularly, there are little patches along the outskirts tucked in neighborhoods essentially. Also know of people that walk decent distance in that have good luck. Alot of the people that hunt there do not walk more than 100yds and avoid thick stuff at all costs.

05-Oct-19
Yes John, I have. Very few bowhunters are willìng to walk the distance from the parking areas to the spots near the houses. Almost all of them wouldn't know how to get there in the dark even if they did. Almost none ever knocked on doors asking if they could walk through the private property to enter the Park from something other than the usual points. That was my experience, yours is obviously different,

05-Oct-19
Sobetsky, what you calling a monster ?

05-Oct-19
I have seen pictures of multiple bucks 140+.

05-Oct-19
guess my idea of a monster is a little different , still a good deer .

05-Oct-19
Pope, not that different. I have seen 4 or 5 deer taken out of there within past 3 years all above 140 and two were far bigger than that. Either way there are big deer in evansburg.

10-Nov-20
I recently moved to the area and just started hunting Evansburg. It seems that I am finding more treestands than deer in the area of the park by Skippack Pike. It seems like you guys have been having more luck in other areas of the park.

Do you guys have any updates on your hunting in Evansburg since this post started? If either of you would be interested in hunting together, let me know.

Thanks, Nick

11-Nov-20
Right, Skippack Pike, look at how narrow that park is and how much land it has. There are many parking spots off Germantown pike and Ridge pike as well. Your best bet is to scout the escape routes along the creek and the developments bordering the edges when the gun season starts. Bowhunting the park is tough, but I know there are good bucks around all 3 roads. Hunt during the week and like I said, find the does, those bucks will be near. I hunt on the outside, and there are more deer there than you think.

• Sitka Gear