Contributors to this thread:
Boris 02-Oct-19
BIG BEAR 03-Oct-19
Boris 04-Oct-19
BIG BEAR 04-Oct-19
Boris 04-Oct-19
Jon Stewart 05-Oct-19
02-Oct-19
Work may be moving my son to Bay City, Mi. Can you people give us some info on the area?

03-Oct-19
I grew up in Saginaw just south of there..... What do you want to know ?? There’s lots of State land from that area and north to the bridge. Lots of fishing on Saginaw Bay. With no boat,,, You can start exploring the fishing by taking up ice fishing for walleye or perch on the bay. My brother has been a crew member on one of the tall sailing ships that docks in Bay City.... and I have a cousin and her husband that live there.

04-Oct-19
What is the cost of living, like house ,food, entertainment. He would be coming from Erie, Pa. area. Yes, we have the flag ship Niagra . Yes, he does hunt with a rifle . But, he needs to get himself into a routine. He is 24 yrs. old an will be looking for things to do.

04-Oct-19
Hmmm. I won’t be much help to you there.... I left there when I was 17 to join the Navy.... and never moved back to the area.... So I’m not so familiar with those aspects. Good luck you you though and welcome to your son !!

04-Oct-19
It sounds like he is going up there next week to look at everything.

05-Oct-19
I understand the fishing is way better on the east side of the state so he should be in good shape.

• Sitka Gear