BowmanMD 30-Oct-19
HDE 30-Oct-19
Outdoorsdude 30-Oct-19
Trophyhill 01-Nov-19
Old guy 26-May-20
Old guy 26-May-20
ohiohunter 26-May-20
03-Oct-19
My 14yo son drew a bull tag for the Valle Vidal and we are heading up next week from Wisconsin for his hunt. Just wondering if anyone was able to hunt or get out during the earlier archery hunts in the unit and could provide us some information on good places to start. We have some ideas but would appreciate any "fresh" information from those who have hunted or been out there this year. Thanks!

Sean

03-Oct-19
Nothing recent, hunted it two years ago. Nothing different than when I was there in 2013 with some others on their hunt.

Pick an area and go. Elk are pretty much everywhere.

27-Oct-19
How did the hunt go?

28-Oct-19
Almost as though this was a blanket thread that showed up on several forums phishing for info...

29-Oct-19
" phishing for info..." say it isn't so!

30-Oct-19
Phishing? I guess. Just thought I'd try to get a little intel before we hit the field. Thanks to everyone who helped. It made a HUGE difference. The Valle Vidal is an amazing place and it was such a blessing to be able to hunt elk there with my son. We had a great hunt and saw elk every day. Numerous people told us that there are "elk everywhere". True, maybe, but you still have to know where to find them and how to hunt them, especially when you only have 5 days to hunt them (4 since we took Sunday off). We ended up tagging out on the morning of day 4 right in the middle of the Valle Vidal and we couldn't have asked for a more scenic spot to take pics. It wasn't a giant bull, but more than big enough. More importantly, it ended up being a great experience for him with memories that will obviously last a lifetime, for both of us. Thanks again to everyone for all the help and I'll gladly return the favor to anyone who draws this tag in the future and reaches out "phishing" for info. ;)

Sean

P.S. And for the record, HDE was one of the generous ones who helped us with info on where to go. Thanks!

30-Oct-19

BowmanMD's embedded Photo
Pics

30-Oct-19

The “big phish” photo (sitting back a few feet for “effect”)

30-Oct-19

He’s a great bull. Real fighter though with a broken right G1,G5,G6 and left G3,G5,G6. Adds character!!

30-Oct-19
Good bull, glad it worked out for you. I heard from others the second VV rifle was a tough hunt this year.

I figured if I "presented the bait right" we'd get a "strike" ;^)

30-Oct-19
Congratulations!

The Valle is a great place that will spoil you.

01-Nov-19
Congrats! One of my hunting buddies has been telling me I should apply there. That's a great bull!

26-May-20
Wife drew a V V Once in a lifetime hunt bull tag for October 2020... Going to scout in a couple of weeks. Old retired AF guy and wife of 35 year's... Take any info, have a couple of spots in mind, any information would be greatly appreciated.

26-May-20
Wife drew a V V Once in a lifetime hunt bull tag for October 2020... Going to scout in a couple of weeks. Old retired AF guy and wife of 35 year's... Take any info, have a couple of spots in mind, any information would be greatly appreciated.

26-May-20
Heck yes, congratulations. Great bull.

• Sitka Gear