Bowbender 10-Oct-19
PAbowhunter1064 10-Oct-19
RC 11-Oct-19
Rut Nut 11-Oct-19
huntinelk 11-Oct-19
Lazer2 11-Oct-19
BC173 11-Oct-19
05-Oct-19
Yeah, yeah, I know it started two weeks ago in special regs areas. But this is the official statewide opener. Good luck everyone!! And please be safe.

05-Oct-19
Saw one very big deer all alone at about 130 yards or so at 6:55. Couldn't tell if it was a buck but it was big. 39 degrees here and windy on the hilltops. Sun is out.

05-Oct-19
My first Pa sit with be this afternoon. Getting ready now. Should be in stand by 4.

Everyone have a fun season. Ed

05-Oct-19
One big 4pt this morning. Not much movement this morning. Back on stand now with high hopes!! Good luck all and be safe.

05-Oct-19

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
Tried to give this ol gal a pass this morning, but she picked me out of my tree. Freezer is full of breast milk, but devoid of tasty venison, so I decided to invite her home for dinner. Back in the stand now for the evening hunt! Good luck folks!!

05-Oct-19
Season didn't start the way I expected but good luck everyone!

05-Oct-19
Congrats Josh!! Had three feed around me this evening from 4:30 until around 6. The largest doe never presented a shot. A year and half hold tempted me the entire time, but she ended up getting a pass. Was definitely a gorgeous day!!

05-Oct-19
I had some good fortune this afternoon. I dropped two buddies off then went back to the hollow I saw the deer in this morning. I crossed the creek the same place the deer did and climbed into the stand on the other side. At 5:20 a 9 point came running down the old logging road and stopped when he winded me. He looked like he was going to bolt so I let one go and it went right into the engine room. He ran by my stand and 50 yards later he hit the leaves. First time in 26 years that I got one on opening day. Guess I'm the guide now.

05-Oct-19

huntinelk's embedded Photo
huntinelk's embedded Photo
Pic isn't the best....but you can get the idea...my son did the shooting with one of his football buddies along for the afternoon.

05-Oct-19
Congratulations to those that got a deer.

06-Oct-19
At 7:55 I had two 8 points come by within 7 yards. They were not what I was looking for.

Had a quick crossbow hunt from a blind with my 7 year old this evening. Didn’t see anything.

Does anyone else struggle to see deer on an east wind?

06-Oct-19
13 does went by 75yd out. A couple ventured closer but winded me.

06-Oct-19
Try taking a bath there Skippy.......

06-Oct-19

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Here is the evidence Roy. I was wearing my safety harness too.

07-Oct-19
Fantastic Art! What did you shoot it with?

07-Oct-19
Congratulationss Art, Was the wife in the tree also?

07-Oct-19
Something looks fishy in that picture.

Deer looks photoshopped too, one eared deer?..

07-Oct-19
Not with the stick bow this time Red. I was in a single seat ladder stand Jeff. I'll be taking her out in the blind this week. It's behind my right hand Roy. I was trying to make it look bigger by holding it as far in front of me as I could.

07-Oct-19
'Grats Art! Nice buck!!

07-Oct-19
Good going art.... Awesome. What are you going to do with all the time you have left now?

07-Oct-19
Congrats folks! Nice pics guys!

I had a last minute change of plans and had some “family stuff” to take care of this weekend. I was in the Longhorn Steak House parking lot on Sat around 5:30 when a guy walking out saw my UBP plate and said: “UBP............what are you doing HERE? You should be in the woods!” I just chuckled and told him if Dad wasn’t in the hospital, I WOULD BE! ;-)

07-Oct-19
Jr., I will be the guide for Kathy and some of my buddies, plus bear hunting when that season gets here. I even have an in-line muzzle loader for that season. I still have 2 more blinds to put up. Our 5th annual 2-D stickbow hunt is this weekend coming. One of my old high school football team teammates is disabled and I take him hunting as often as I can. He (Dale) is a UBP Life Member and I have written about him often on here. He has been on a couple disabled hunter trips and shot hogs down south. He is a handful.

07-Oct-19
BY the way, last summer I found out I had a little heart problem (MI) that required a "procedure" (stent). Didn't even know if I would be hunting. I am still getting testing for a future "procedure" (valve) but I was still allowed to go hunting. (Kathy asked the doctor if it was OK). He said as long as I don't drag any deer. LOL. I had Chise here to help do that on Saturday. Didn't want anyone to feel sorry for me. I feel better now than I did in August! Nothing is urgent and probably will be able to wait until winter for the next step.

07-Oct-19
Hope things work out for ya, Art. I have a couple of those stents in my main artery too...

07-Oct-19

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
I think Art has as much fun guiding as he does hunting himself! ;-)

And this year I’m sure he will have fun with his new “toy” playing the REDNECK LIMO driver -dropping us off at our deerstands and hauling our deer back to the house!

08-Oct-19
And rowing the fishing boat into position. Slammed them that day.

08-Oct-19
Congratulations on a fine buck, Art! Also a big congrats to the other successful hunters! :)

08-Oct-19
YES! You are a heck of a hunting AND fishing guide Art! : )

08-Oct-19
Congrats Art ! Enjoy the rest of the season.

08-Oct-19
Congratulations Art!

09-Oct-19
Congrats Gene and Art!

09-Oct-19
Hope someone is out there this AM and not stuck at work like I am. Would be a beautiful morning to be in the stand!

09-Oct-19
The boy in the picture above with my son also shot a doe this week. A positive note that 2 teenage boys with school and football obligations 5-6 days a week still make time to get after it and be successful in bow season....not all hope is lost for future generations of bowhunters....

09-Oct-19
Glad to hear it, Gene! KUDOS to those young men!

09-Oct-19

Huntinggal2009's embedded Photo
Patty's 2019 5 B Harvest
Patty's 2019 5 B Harvest
Patty's solution to gutting the deer by herself. Pretty smart! (don't tell her I posted this!)
Patty's solution to gutting the deer by herself. Pretty smart! (don't tell her I posted this!)
Congrat's Josh and Art (and anyone else who has landed one). Patty was out on Saturday, over at the In-laws and she shot one.

10-Oct-19
Way to go Patty.

10-Oct-19
Great pic! Congrats to the Newlywed! ;-)

10-Oct-19
Congratulations, Patty! I might have to try that corn stalk rope trick, sometime! You taught her well, Jen! :)

10-Oct-19
Congratulations

10-Oct-19

Lazer2's embedded Photo
Lazer2's embedded Photo
My 11 year old son got it done Saturday evening with this beaut of a buck. Only second time ever taking him out deer hunting and his second buck. He is on a roll!!

10-Oct-19
Wonderful! Congratulations to you two!

10-Oct-19
Congrats to both of you, Michael!! Love seeing our younger generation out. Seems like last year or so when I took my 11 year old son. He's almost twenty now and gets it done without me.

10-Oct-19
Congratulations to you and your boy, Michael! The smiles say it all! I’m a little jealous of your sons batting average....it’s WAAAYYY better than mine!! ;)

11-Oct-19
Awesome, congratulations to your son.

11-Oct-19
CONGRATS to the young hunter and Dad! Great deer! : )

11-Oct-19
Congrats Lazer and son, enjoy it...it will go by all to fast

11-Oct-19
Thanks guys!!! He has a horse shoe and has already caught up to his older brother. My oldest tells him they don’t count because he used a cross gun, but Mikey used one before he could pull 40lbs. I told him it’s all luck at being in the right place at the right time. Congrats to all the lucky hunters. Good luck and be safe to everyone else!

11-Oct-19
It’s not always luck, Lazer. Sometimes the gods smile upon you, and allows you to make some great memories, and a great father/son moment. Memories, neither of you will ever forget. Enjoy!

• Sitka Gear