Steve Leffler 12-Oct-19
Vtslinger 13-Oct-19
skipmaster1 15-Oct-19
skipmaster1 15-Oct-19
ronsoutdoors 16-Oct-19
Steve Leffler 16-Oct-19
Steve Leffler 16-Oct-19
09-Oct-19
Anyone kill one? All the bucks I had been getting pics of went nocturnal for now. Hopefully they will start showing themselves in daylight soon.

11-Oct-19
nothing yet Rob ,did see deer both days in the woods close to acorns .They are not even looking at apples right now around here

11-Oct-19
hunting in Sandgate/Arlington...More bear than deer!!!...Bumper crop of acorns, apples and some good beechnut's...One dandy 8 ptr on camera early a.m....Haven't seen a fresh scrape or hooking yet...Need to get the leaves off and some cooler weather...Heading to NY tonight.. Marty

11-Oct-19
No luck for me yet. Yesterday was my first day out . I'm off till Monday so well see how it goes. Nothing hitting the plots until after dark. Saw 3 in the acorns yesterday morning. That's where I'll be putting in my time.

12-Oct-19
Nothing here yet. I have seen a couple deer but nothing in range.

13-Oct-19
Acorns are raining down in the woods all around. So many that 3 deer walked right past 3 oaks last night without even a thought of stopping for a bite. So much mast this year it's tough.

15-Oct-19

skipmaster1's embedded Photo
I went out out this weekend for the first hunts of the season in VT. Saturday morning I bumped one coming into my foodplot as I was headed back to the house. Saturday afternoon I had a few deer come by after dark as I was pulling my stand down at the edge of an overgrown pasture. Didn’t hunt Sunday morning but did Sunday afternoon and Sat at the edge of a hayfield, in a corner a lot of does have been using. I just tucked into the weeds and sat on my knees all afternoon. Had 5 come out at last light and shot the first one to hit my lane. She didn’t run 50 yards before I heard her crash.

15-Oct-19

This was my set up.

16-Oct-19
good job ,I passed a shot monday morning ,Doe and skipper feeding in acorns for over hour close to me

16-Oct-19
I also have let a doe and fawn pass twice this week. The fawn must have been late and is very small.

16-Oct-19
I also have let a doe and fawn pass twice this week. The fawn must have been late and is very small.

• Sitka Gear