BOHNTR 12-Oct-19
StickFlicker 12-Oct-19
BOHNTR 12-Oct-19
dirtclod Az. 13-Oct-19
AZBUGLER 13-Oct-19
Knothead 13-Oct-19
Lv2hnt 16-Oct-19
10-Oct-19
Saw two wolves while hunting in unit 27 last January. They were chasing some Coues deer two days in a row. I from Colorado and would like to know if wolves have impacted the deer herds. Colorado is now facing a reintroduction of wolves and maybe voted on by voters. Would like to hear from anybody who has information since the reintroduction of wolves into Arizona. I always look forward to hunting this great state whenever possible.

10-Oct-19
I have been following the Wolves through AZGF. Wolf counts are done in the wintermonths,in 2017 there were a minimum of 117 wolves.As of winter 2018 there were 131 wolves counted for a 12% increase.I have no numbers on how Wolves effect the Deer herds.I have never seen a Wolf in Az. and in 55yrs have yet to see a Mtn.Lion. I know the are there because I have seen their tracks on top of mine from time to time.Go to azgf.gov an click on Wolves and they have all the info available.

12-Oct-19
I’ve seen a total of 7......three of which were collared and the rest were not. Unit 1 and 27. I think there’s a hell of a lot more than what the ‘think’ they have.

Maybe not a significant impact on deer, but definitely on elk.

12-Oct-19
I think I read somewhere that the ones without collars are considered coyotes? ( - ;

12-Oct-19
Ha....I’ve heard that too, Marvin. ??

13-Oct-19
BOHNTR I believe your correct on the head count between Az, and N.M. there are probably a couple hundred.If they are counting 131 wolves there may be double that.

13-Oct-19
Still have yet to see one. Also, our wolves are a different species than the northern grey wolf. Ours are much smaller.

13-Oct-19
The fact that I see them about 50% of the time I venture into the white mountains tells me there are a lot more than what they are reporting.

16-Oct-19
I have a friend who owns property in 27. Said the wolves are having MAJOR impact on elk there, especially cows/calves ...

• Sitka Gear