huntinelk 15-Oct-19
huntinelk 15-Oct-19
horsethief51 15-Oct-19
Justgrad25 16-Oct-19
Rut Nut 16-Oct-19
huntinelk 16-Oct-19
XbowfromNY 18-Oct-19
11-Oct-19
The 2-D tradbow hunt is only one day this year but 5 of us are here at the farm. We had venison cheese steaks for dinner last night and made our plans for who will be where. Now it's just waiting to see if it will be raining or not. We do have blinds to sit in if it isn't coming down hard. Plenty of does around.

Good luck to all.

12-Oct-19
Beat me to it, Art. Getting ready to climb up. Good luck all. Be safe.

12-Oct-19
get em Tom. Dan and Chise walked to a blind and stand near the house/barn. I dropped off Ed and Balls out back. Just started to sprinkle around 6 for the second time. Should be some dry intervals. PM is looking good in WPa. Shoot straight.

12-Oct-19
It’s a little slow this morning. Only saw 2 yearlings so far

Last sat morning was the same, 9 to 10 am was better

12-Oct-19
For the yr so far it’s been very busy here in the S.E. We have acorns everywhere, even a lot of the whites. Get near the right trees and there’s plenty of customers!

We’ve passed up a half dozen or so pretty decent 8’s. We only saw 1 good one so far(not I ) 135 range.

I’m heading to MD for Sika tomorrow. I will start a semi live on Sunday. Keep an eye out for it.

Good luck all!!!

12-Oct-19
Good luck guys! I had to drive to Williamsport after work yesterday and got home late, so going to meet a buddy over at Promised Land for an evening hunt today. Fortunately we have Monday off. ;-)

12-Oct-19
Dan and Chise saw a couple does this morning that are still in the woods. It is was about 60 degrees with a light wind. It is getting cooler as the sun gets lower. Frost warning up here on top of the mountain tonight. I can see Chise in his ladder stand and it is the first time this week there were not 5 deer in that field by now.

12-Oct-19
Saw a total of 3 deer today. All small bucks. Shot a mature doe last night, but that’s week 1. Anyhow, bucks are actively seeking does down here in 5d. Good luck guys.

12-Oct-19
Today was a wash. My buddy who was about 3 miles away had action all morning, saw 5 different buck. I did pull one one trail cam card and got picks of a buck making a scrape right in front of the camera.

13-Oct-19
Rough. Pretty wet this morning. Couldn't hunt this evening due to family obligations. My stuff should be dry by morning.......

13-Oct-19
Nice afternoon here Saturday although a little windy. Dan saw a couple bucks on the way to the stand. Pretty quiet otherwise. Had a great dinner after hunting until dark and watched PSU win a good game.

13-Oct-19
I helped my buddy drag his buck up the bank from the lake. He shot it at last light- tracked it into the lake well after dark. He thought he saw it about 15’ out in the Lilly pads and was about to step out on a rock to get a better look. Then he saw antlers sticking up out of the water next to the “rock!” ;-)

13-Oct-19
Was a beautiful morning for ground hunting with a light rain and no wind.. Played with a nice legal buck, only problem was he only gave me a frontal shot. Was exciting to have him approach under twenty yards though. All together seen 3 bucks and 16 does. Most of them in a grown up cattle field offering no good shots, the buck were not legal. Of course that was what stand still. Great day to be a field!

13-Oct-19
Cool. We were talking about you rut.

13-Oct-19
Doesn't everybody, Art?

LOL

13-Oct-19

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
horsethief51 's embedded Photo

13-Oct-19
Yeah, my ears were buzzing! ;-)

That’s some group you got there Art! : )

13-Oct-19
Nobody got hurt or arrested.

14-Oct-19
"Nobody got hurt or arrested."

Sounds boring. Looks like some purty bows there.

14-Oct-19

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Got it done on Friday night in 3A.

14-Oct-19
Nice, Pat!! Congrats.

14-Oct-19
Great buck Pat, congrats!

Work, a wedding anniversary and my sons 13th birthday this past week limited my time in the woods. Gonna try to give it heck this week!

Good luck and be safe to everyone!

14-Oct-19
Nice buck, Pat! Congratulations!

14-Oct-19
Congrats Pat-nice buck! Was that the big one you were after?

14-Oct-19
Saw 4 does Saturday morning. Picked out the biggest one and did everything right up until the shot. Long story (check my mobile live hunt) short I got some help trailing her and eventually recovered her in the mid-afternoon

14-Oct-19

Yodameister's embedded Photo

14-Oct-19
Way to go guys. Took Dale out this afternoon and we saw 8 deer including 2 spikes. Anybody ever see a buck with one spike and a button on the other side? It was a first for me.

14-Oct-19
Yes, I'm the proud owner of a "one point rack". And I've had it for 42 years. Congratulations yinz tag users.

14-Oct-19

14-Oct-19
Congratulations Pat!

14-Oct-19

14-Oct-19
Not sure what’s going wrong here with my pictures. Posted fine in the live hunt... no image tools option showing up here

14-Oct-19

Ahanderson's embedded Photo
Ahanderson's embedded Photo
The deer were moving early this evening . I got settled in around 3:15 . It wasn’t much after 4pm that this girl came in behind and was feeding on the acorns that appear to be plentiful. She knew something wasn’t quite right and started to walk back the trail she came in on . I let one fly at about 20 yards . It was a hard quartered away shot . She ran about 60 yards . Relatively speedy recovery . Great evening in the October woods . Happy hunting .

15-Oct-19
Congratulations to everyone that connected!

15-Oct-19

huntinelk's embedded Photo
We had a great evening at our house. Cody killed a great buck for our area, I killed a mature doe and my dad came along to help us gather them up.

15-Oct-19

15-Oct-19
Nice job.

Kathy and I spent 3 hours in a blind and did not see a deer until we left. Squirrels, porcupines and wood peckers were it.

16-Oct-19

Justgrad25's embedded Photo
Justgrad25's embedded Photo
Tell Cody congrats! Way to git er dun! My daughter and I had an up close encounter with a button buck last night. Saw 3 other deer, all within 15 yds through the evening. No shots (she didn't want to shoot the doe that had a fawn in tow or the little ones we saw) but, she was shaking like a leaf when the doe and fawn first came in....and that's what it's all about. Should be good out there once this front and high winds push through with the nor'easter.

16-Oct-19
Congrats to the successful hunters! Just curious what counties y'all were in?

16-Oct-19
Tioga County, 3A

18-Oct-19
A 181" Gross was killed the other day. On the Little General Facebook

• Sitka Gear