West Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
WV_Newb 15-Oct-19
1buckurout 15-Oct-19
JayD 15-Oct-19
Little Bear 16-Oct-19
gobbler 16-Oct-19
15-Oct-19
I have some family land, I’m not sure how many acres, in Midkiff. I was told by the family I was welcome to hunt it if I wanted and seeing as how I’m from Texas and have only ever hunted in Texas I am more than eager to expand my hunting resume. What I want to know is hunting rules and regulations. Can I use a rifle in this area? Can I bait? Do I have to wear orange? Can I hunt different species and what means can I use. I pretty much need all the legal info first, then the local tips and tricks.

15-Oct-19

1buckurout's Link
Here's the first step.

http://www.wvdnr.gov/hunting/Regs1920/19-20_hunting_regs.pdf

15-Oct-19

JayD's embedded Photo
JayD's embedded Photo
Midriff is in Lincoln county which is just north of 2 of the bow only counties - Mingo and Logan counties. I have never hunted in Lincoln county so won’t be able to give you much more info than that.

16-Oct-19
Can I use a rifle in this area? Yes Can I bait? For deer, yes. For turkey and bear - No. Do I have to wear orange? 400 sq inches of blaze orange required anytime a deer firearm season is open (youth, early antlerless, buck, late anterless, muzzleloader) Can I hunt different species and what means can I use. - Refer to the link of regulations provided above.

16-Oct-19
Lincoln is one of the counties where bear season is open concurrently with the 2 week buck season. You have to have bear stamp and you CANNOT kill a bear over bait.

• Sitka Gear