Mathews Inc.
What I need/need to know
Maryland
Contributors to this thread:
WV_Newb 15-Oct-19
stick n string 17-Oct-19
15-Oct-19
I realize I’m asking a WV question in a Maryland forum, but y’all are a neighboring state and might have more insight I could use.

I have some family land, I’m not sure how many acres, in Midkiff WV. I was told by the family I was welcome to hunt it if I wanted and seeing as how I’m from Texas and have only ever hunted in Texas I am more than eager to expand my hunting resume. What I want to know is hunting rules and regulations. Can I use a rifle in this area? Can I bait? Do I have to wear orange? Can I hunt different species and what means can I use. I pretty much need all the legal info first, then the local tips and tricks

17-Oct-19
I hunted WV a 12-14 years back. I hunted near Romney. Back then... rifles were legal, baiting was legal on private ground(tho we didnt) and you had to wear orange hat and vest that covered chest n back. I am certain that those laws are probably still the same but a quick Google search of West Virginia regulations would probably be your best bet. And as far as the Maryland forum, as you can see from the other threats there really is no participation here so you’re not likely to get any information from here. Google West Virginia hunting regulations and go from there. Good luck!

• Sitka Gear