Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
WV_Newb 15-Oct-19
bentshaft 15-Oct-19
Fuzzy 27-Nov-19
JB 06-Dec-19
Fuzzy 09-Dec-19
15-Oct-19
I realize I’m asking a WV question in a Virginia forum, but y’all are a neighboring state and might have more insight I could use.

I have some family land, I’m not sure how many acres, in Midkiff WV. I was told by the family I was welcome to hunt it if I wanted and seeing as how I’m from Texas and have only ever hunted in Texas I am more than eager to expand my hunting resume. What I want to know is hunting rules and regulations. Can I use a rifle in this area? Can I bait? Do I have to wear orange? Can I hunt different species and what means can I use. I pretty much need all the legal info first, then the local tips and tricks

15-Oct-19
I would suggest WV DNR website.

27-Nov-19
Rifle yes, bait no, orange yes

06-Dec-19
Actually all three are yes, in WV. The baiting is only an issue in VA. But I agree with bentshaft, read the regulations from the WV DNR website and you'll know the information is correct.

09-Dec-19
I stand corrected JB, yes on private land in WV baiting is legal. I had to check the WV DNR site to make sure this place wasn't in the archery only zone and caught the public land baiting restriction but inadvertently "extended" it to private land.

• Sitka Gear