INbowdude 05-Jan-20
sticksender 05-Jan-20
INbowdude 05-Jan-20
20-Oct-19

INbowdude's embedded Photo
Decided to decorate my high school classroom. Might be pushing the edge a bit but go big or go home, right? I made elk jerky for my students and faculty to try.

Yep I'm using subliminal tactics to get them pro-hunting. I'm sure some anti student will make a big deal about it but I figure it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

21-Oct-19
High school teacher with a Euro elk mount and "In God We Trust" sign hanging on the classroom wall.....I think you are my new hero Mike!

21-Oct-19
I love it!

21-Oct-19
Looks great Mike! That's a selfless act: sharing your elk meat!!!

21-Oct-19
Thanks guys. I'm just trying to be me! Kids love the jerky and it adds to the reputation. I pointed to the rack and told them, "I had no problem killing that elk, cutting it up and letting you eat it. Imagine what I would do if you really made me mad." LOL, say it with a straight face and the students leave you alone.

25-Oct-19

Made about 20 pounds of elk jerky. Students ate it all in 1 day.

26-Nov-19
good for you mike.

you really have nothing to lose right. they can you and you just move to OK and hog hunt every day. what's the downside man?

26-Nov-19
Hey Bou', my hog hunting days are pretty much over. When Matt Napper sold Shiloh, I lost my enthusiasm. Gotta find a new place to hunt that's inexpensive. Got any ideas?

19-Dec-19

Yep that's right, a shameless plug for a Central Barren Ground Canadian Caribou. Shot just before 9/11 tragedy. This 'bou is older than most of my students.

05-Jan-20
Starting 2020 with some new decor. Bearded hen from Indiana, Texas Rio from.....Texas.

05-Jan-20

05-Jan-20
Some good conversation starters right there.

05-Jan-20
Yep, lots of these students have no clue so I feel it is my duty as a teacher to educate on so many different levels. It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it. Wonder if anybody will accuse me of being politically incorrect by calling it a bearded hen instead of folically challenged. I suppose I could call it a trans gendered bird.

• Sitka Gear