hookman 22-Oct-19
Wayne Boone 22-Oct-19
gobbler 23-Oct-19
WV Mountaineer 23-Oct-19
babysaph 23-Oct-19
hookman 24-Oct-19
WV Mountaineer 24-Oct-19
21-Oct-19
Was seeing a lot of deer last week and the week before but since the full moon sightings have been minimal. Has anyone else experienced this? Please share your hunting moments.

21-Oct-19
I’ve been seeing a lot of deer but the 10 acres of wheat and oats that I planted 2 months ago have finally started coming up since it rained so the deer are hitting it pretty hard

21-Oct-19
Oct Lull

21-Oct-19
Just like every year (Oct. 18 to 25), I saw the first buck chasing a doe on the 19th. Those first old does are in heat right now. It's a good time to be in the woods. Unfortunately... or maybe fortunately, I'm leaving in the moring for North Dakota. :^)

22-Oct-19
Good luck !

22-Oct-19
Good luck Jimmy.

22-Oct-19
Same here buddy. Good luck.

22-Oct-19
I agree with the October lull comments. Pretty slow where I’m at (southern Wood county).

Good luck in North Dakota!

23-Oct-19
I used to believe in an OCTOBER lull but I don’t anymore . It’s just a transition period between late summer feeding pattern leading up to the breeding season. Their main focus is on feeding and gaining weight in preparation for breeding and to make it thru the winter . If I’m after a specific buck and know where’s he at I’ll take a good cold front in October over the peak rut.

23-Oct-19
I've seen more deer this year then in a long time.

23-Oct-19
I have seen a lot of deer too. I don't know any science to the lull but I don't see as many deer in the last 2 weeks of Oct until the first of November traditionally. Call it what you want.

24-Oct-19
I saw 10 this morning and a huge coyote.

24-Oct-19
I graee JR. But, I think the October Lull is a combination of things. Doing what Gobbler said is th thing that drives it. Another is it is usually hot as they prepare for the rut this month. Food is abundant. Etc.... I most certainly believe there is something to it. But, this year so far, it hasn't affected the deer in areas I hunt as drastically as it usually does.

• Sitka Gear