wv_bowhunter 20-Dec-19
hoppies56 20-Dec-19
wv_bowhunter 20-Dec-19
gobbler 20-Dec-19
hookman 20-Dec-19
Jack Whitmrie jr 22-Dec-19
gobbler 22-Dec-19
31-Oct-19
Best new bowhunting equipment Heated vest run by rechargeable lithium battery .

Change my mind:

01-Nov-19
I also have one.,it is awesome.

01-Nov-19
I’ve been running one for about 5 or so years. When it’s cold, I don’t leave home without it. Mine is a Gerbing, and I bought an extra battery. Lasts all day.

01-Nov-19
Just when you thought you had everything.

01-Nov-19
A tree saddle. You'd love it. Then a heated vest. :^)

I actually was researching a heated vest before signing onto bowsite. Seems like something I'd really use in theory. But, when I really think about it, I don't wear much anyways. If it isn't below 20, I Usually just wear a base layer, a wool shirt or polyester fleece, a polyester fleece vest, and a primaloft jacket. Merino wool bottoms and a wool pant. Colder then that and I trade the browning primaloft jacket for a heavier primaloft jacket or use a primaloft whoobie to snuggle in while setting. I've been zero and lower with that and stayed warm enough to set for several hours before my feet froze out.

So, I guess what I am trying to figure out is what benefit would it present me? You guys with them, let's hear it please.

01-Nov-19
Here is the deal. With the vest you don’t need all of those clothes. I use it a lot to ride my trike in the winter.

02-Nov-19
Bingo. All those heavy clothes are not needed. Keeping the core of your body warm is the thing to do. Can’t really explain the tech part of it, other than, it doesn’t feel warm to the touch but I just don’t get cold. Two batteries will last an entire day. The newer models should be much better, I would think.

02-Nov-19
I bought it when I saw it was going to be in the 20s with snow and 20-25 mph wind in Iowa this week. I can layer enough to stay warm but I have trouble shooting my bow with layers and layers of thick clothes on. As long as my core body stays warm I’m ok

02-Nov-19
Yep that's how it works.

08-Nov-19
O.K. you have my interest. What brand(s) of heated vest are you guys using?

09-Nov-19
JUST ORDERED MINE LAST NIGHT COULD HAVE USED IT THIS WEEKEND LOL

09-Nov-19

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
This is the one I got from Amazon. It’s got heat over your kidneys, upper back and neck and in front. It’s got zippered sides for size adjustment. I put a camo vest over top with pockets so I can put my hands over the front heaters. I bought an extra battery and with 2 batteries will last all day if it’s not on highest setting. It’s got like 5 levels of heating

09-Nov-19
That's the one I have

10-Nov-19
I have an Ororo , i can say kept me toasty Saturday morning with base layer then the vest and Nomad pullover.

10-Nov-19
Now you guys went and got me in trouble with the wife... got to have one!

11-Nov-19
Think that’s the one I got

11-Nov-19
Fnshtr, she doesn't want you to freeze to death.

19-Dec-19
Hey guys, looking for some follow up opinions on these amazon vests after some more use? Really interested in giving one a try but hesitant at the same time.

19-Dec-19

19-Dec-19
Mine works great. I bought 3 more for 3 different people and they all love theirs. I would recommend buying an extra battery for cold days. It says it’s washable but I’m leery to wash mine. I’ve just been zapping mine in ozone closet between hunts

20-Dec-19
Thanks Gobbler. Would you (or anyone can chime in) care to answer a couple of specific questions?

I am curious where within your layering system you wear the vest and how is the fit? I am assuming somewhat of a “snug” fit overtop of a base layer and under any insulation and your outer shell? What is your actual layering system like with the vest?

20-Dec-19
Nomad wicking base layer, mid weight top, heated vest, scentlok pullover or nomad cottonwood pullover, A lot depending on temps Sometimes i dont wear mid weight top again depends on temps, love the vest Best hunting investment i have made in long time.

20-Dec-19
Thanks Hoppie. How you are using it sounds just like what I had in mind.

20-Dec-19
I layer it as Hoppie noted above also . The one I got is size adjustable by zippered side panels . It has 2 zippered panels on each side that can be used to fit. For a snug fit leave a panel out. For a looser fit add another panel.

20-Dec-19
I have a heated coat made by Milwaukee.

22-Dec-19
Anybody washing theirs ? This is the issue I have buying one, if you can wash it during the season and it hold up I'm all in .

22-Dec-19
Jack, it says it’s washable but I’ve just been leery to wash mine. I use mine in between layers so it really isn’t getting dirty. The ozone machine destroys any body and/or bacteria odors so that’s how I’ve been “cleaning “ mine. I know when I was growing up we had electric blankets that were washable but to me electronics and water just don’t seem to be a good mix.

• Sitka Gear