gobbler 11-Nov-19
Koogie 11-Nov-19
gobbler 11-Nov-19
1buckurout 11-Nov-19
Babysaph 11-Nov-19
02-Nov-19

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Had this guy chase a doe by at 30 yds yesterday . He was small compared to the one 50 yds away. I saw my first booner yesterday. Also passed a 135ish 10 2 days ago At 20 yds because there was a 150 10 30 yds behind it but he veered away . The prerut is in high gear here in Iowa

02-Nov-19
See? I tell you guys nothing like Iowa,,you can hold there, here not so much. Congrats

02-Nov-19
You're bringing back memories from 2 years ago. Best whitetail hunting I've ever experienced. Planning on going back in 2021. No wonder the Wensels moved there.

02-Nov-19
As far as whitetail bow hunting is concerned, Iowa is heaven!!!

02-Nov-19
Had the one pictured above chasing a doe all around 80 yds to my right tonite. He’s been to the left and he’s been to the right , hopefully one sit he’ll be in front of me

02-Nov-19

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
This is the one I had 50 yds away 2 days ago

02-Nov-19
Good luck!

03-Nov-19
Thanks

06-Nov-19

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
The ups and downs of hunting. Had a perfect 30 yd broadside shot at this one yesterday morning from a ground blind. Shot felt good and I heard what I thought was a good hit . After a day and a half looking by 4 of us no blood, no deer, and no arrow found . I was in an opening in a brier thicket so it was out of sight a second after the shot. We’ve searched everywhere within a half mile in all directions. Buzzards have already migrated south do other than listening for crows or coyotes I’m out of options. Gonna get back in the saddle this afternoon

06-Nov-19
It happens bowhunting. Good luck.

07-Nov-19
Doesn't take much for a deflection - stinks but it has happened to all of us at some time. Good luck - you will hammer the next one!

07-Nov-19
That’s the issue. There was nothing between me and the deer except air . It was in a field

07-Nov-19
LOL see I told you sometimes it doesn’t take much!

Like JR said it happens - you got the next one!

11-Nov-19
Gobbler, about 10 years ago which traveling to Kansas I had a buddy call me about a eight point he shot and dropped dead its tracks. He loved the shoulder shot. 20 minutes later it slithered down the ridge, got up and walked away never to be found. It sounds like a bit of bad luck until I tell you the rest of the story. 4 days later, in Kansas, a 10 point comes in while I was sitting on the ground, he steps behind a cedar and I draw, he steps out and I let her fly. Thump, deer drops in his tracks and starts running in circles on the ground. I knock another arrow, smack, then another smack....triple tapped him. Here's where it get interesting, while skinning him the first arrow had hit him smack dab into the right shoulder ball joint, ricocheted straight down breaking 3 ribs but never entered the chest cavity. Point is, I've shot several deer where a dinky spot of blood, or no blood was found.....so it happens.

11-Nov-19
But, if a deer goes down and is still breathing, I'll stick him again just so I don't spend all day booggering up my set. I'll shoot again, and again. I'll run down and pull the arrows and shoot again just not have to crawl around on my knees looking for him. But, nothing you can do if he bounds off and leaves you know clues, other than checking every spot you can.

11-Nov-19
I agree, if I can see them and they’re still moving I’ll try and get another arrow in them. This setup was in a creek bottom that was nothing but grown up briers for several acres. They had bushogged a couple opening into the middle and cleared out about an acre and tilled it up and planted radishes . It was a great set up except that after 1 bound I couldn’t see the deer

11-Nov-19
Well, wish you luck in Iowa. I just returned from Kansas with my brother. We both tagged out but I was sweating it. I only had 9 days this year and I passed on a beautiful wide 9 early but he was a trite young, passed on three times in one day. Towards the 8th day, and I had hunted all day long for 4 days, I was sweating it. I managed to tag mine at 2:30 last Thursday. An old buck, 9 point 19 inches wide, a little busted up and his g3s were not the best looking in the worlds. The 9 I passed earlier in the week was a much nicer rack, but the one I killed was an old guy probable 8+ years, so I was happy with it. Like I said, good luck gob-gob-gobbler.

11-Nov-19
Congratulations! I’m done. Got back home a couple nites ago. Ate my tag but it was good. I had set about a 140 minimum for myself. Passed good shots on 4 PY bucks. Had 5 between 145-170+ within 50 yds. Saw bucks every time I sat . I came home empty handed but it was one of the best whitetail hunts of my life

11-Nov-19
".......... it was one of the best whitetail hunts of my life"

It sure sounds like you were amongst'm--very good. That's what it's all about.

11-Nov-19
Yea it's nice to be able to do that., glad you had fun.

• Sitka Gear