Contributors to this thread:
Seriousone 11-Nov-19
Trial153 11-Nov-19
Pat Lefemine 14-Nov-19
Shawlerbrook 14-Nov-19
adkarcher 20-Nov-19
Denali 20-Nov-19
11-Nov-19
I am a 56 year old male that lives in the Marcy, NY area. I have bowhunted for over 20 years. Haven't bowhunted in the last 5 years now I am looking to get back into the sport but finding it difficult to find a place to hunt. Is there anyone out there in this area that has room for one more bowhunter for next season?

11-Nov-19
Network

14-Nov-19
There's tons of farms and lands in the Marcy area, and a little north up route 12 if you don't mind traveling 15-20 mins. Get the app Onx Hunt and download the NY landowner filter. Then drive around the area. Find a good farm, then look on the app to see who owns it. Most of the farms are locked up, but there could be a 50 acre wooded parcel bordering it that is not locked up. It will take time and expect a lot of rejections - but with persistence you will find a spot to hunt. When you do get a good spot to hunt, treat the landowner with respect and give him a Christmas gift. It's a lot easier to keep a property than to find a property. good luck.

14-Nov-19
Think about joining a gun club or archery league in order to meet some other hunters. Pat also gave you some great advice. Much easier for a single archer to find some hunting property than a bunch of gun hunters. Also, start in the spring or summer, not the day before opening day.

20-Nov-19
A lot of the state land is not hunted that hard in bow season. I hunted Jackson Hill state land in Boonville for many years before I moved, a lot of acreage and not a lot of hunters. You can get deeper into the woods or literally hunt right near the road and have success.

There is also Clark game land or something like that outside of Boonville as well.

20-Nov-19
Oriskany flats WMA...….miserable dirt, but for those willing to engage it......a very good area. If you have a boat, there is land in the Mohawk River that is huntable as well.

• Sitka Gear