Mike the Carpenter 29-Nov-19
Annony Mouse 29-Nov-19
Annony Mouse 29-Nov-19
29-Nov-19
Haven’t seen any posts on my favorite subject, so here we go.

Thanksgiving weekend I always get the smoker fired up for a giant meat feast, and this year is no different. Started the smoker, 22.5” Webber Smokey Mountain (WSM), at 9 pm thanksgiving night and at 10 pm was up to temperature so on went the Bison Brisket and pork butt. Those take the longest to cook, so overnight makes sense to me so we can eat at a reasonable time.

7 am, the above 2 meats get put in a tin foil 1/2 pan and wrapped in foil. More charcoal and wood put in the the bottom and water pan refilled as the bison short ribs and turkey go on the top rack. Yeah, the meat feast is going to be coma inducing come this afternoon. Pictures to follow once the meats come off and get plated.

We don’t tell the extended family about us doing this, because it will go from doing it every Thanksgiving evening, to the day/night before Thanksgiving and nothing being left for our enjoyment. HA!!

29-Nov-19

Mike the Carpenter's Link
Here is a link to my “Makin Bacon” thread. Please disregard the title, it was from the old CF forum and those, from then, will understand.

29-Nov-19
Glad to see that that thread somehow survived!

29-Nov-19
I saved it to my favorites, and it is still accessible, but I have no clue how. I also saved the entire thing as a file just incase it were to disappear.

29-Nov-19
double post

29-Nov-19
You'd be surprised at what can be found from the old CF! If you know what thread you want to see, it still exists. The entire CF is still there. When Pat closed it down, he did not delete anything! Better yet...you can still post on those old threads (Check your link, Mike)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving day. Carrie and Jason came down from Jackson for the afternoon. We got enough snow that I could go snowshoeing.

Today is even better...turkey sandwiches.

29-Nov-19
Sounds as though you are enjoying the move Jack. That’s a good thing, but you can keep the snow. We got just over 9” a few weeks ago, and it’s finally all gone...for now.

29-Nov-19

Mike the Carpenter's embedded Photo
Bison short ribs. Looks like a dang brontosaurus laying on the plate.

29-Nov-19

Pictures don’t do the turkey flavor/aroma any justice.

29-Nov-19
Bison source? We were riding back road trails a couple weeks ago and had several herds of bison close up. Some of those bulls were huge! Lots of restaurants have bison on the menu. Most groceries carry a number of choices.

Snow...think I am going to have to learn to love it. Winter here goes into April! Just got drive plowed and walks cleared and it is snowing again. Much different than MI...pretty much all the lite and fluffy kind of snow. Dry cold much easier to handle than the damp MI cold. As the snow builds in the mountains, the elk and moose should be roaming SVR. Routinely have mule deer in front and back yards. Had a big 12pt buck looking in our window a few days ago.

29-Nov-19
Shot one out in S Dakota almost 2 years ago. Just found the last of it in the freezer the other day. Decided to load up the smoker with a plethora of different meats. So far. It’s all been fantastic.

29-Nov-19

Here is the pork butt and brisket after smoking for 15 hours, then rested for 3 hours in a cooler packed with towels.

29-Nov-19

Bison brisket...

29-Nov-19

Pulled pork

29-Nov-19
Looks great. Can you email me some? ;o)