swampokie 19-Dec-19
Quailhunter 19-Dec-19
swampokie 20-Dec-19
swampokie 20-Dec-19
Quailhunter 20-Dec-19
live2hunt88 18-Feb-20
Quailhunter 19-Feb-20
05-Dec-19
Please check out and review the proposed hunting regulation changes. Fill out the survey. The changes are not for bowhunting but will have an effect. I am not here to push my opinion, just want everyone to voice there own opinion to the wildlife department. Proposed changes of bag limit for muzzleloader to 6 deer. Same for gun season. Also extending the gun season. Along with many other topics.

06-Dec-19
There was a time when I would have resisted the extended rifle. I now think it doesn’t really matter. Kids aren’t hunting like they used to and the deer are expanding. My .02

07-Dec-19
Yea I’m not hunting any more this year because I can’t use any more deer meat so why should I have a problem if someone else goes out and help to control the population.

07-Dec-19
I don’t think this should apply to all arts of the state. Blanket management won’t work in such a diverse state. I’m about to hunt the 15 th day in a row and I have seen one buck in nearly 100 hours in the stand. The deer herd here in extreme se ok isn’t the same as a lot of the more open/ag private land dominated less poached areas. You guys can have ur 23 west of 69/75 but we want 9 days in the se.

07-Dec-19
Really you guys don't see a problem with allowing people to kill twice as many deer with a rifle for even longer than the already generous 16 day season? And I call BS on the population control argument if that where the case you'd have farmers and private landowners knocking on our door to come hunt there deer not hunters knocking and being told no or quoted a lease price. It seems to be part of a growing and alarming move to allow private landowners the right to dictate state management strategies instead of allowing the ODWC to do there job.

07-Dec-19
You’ll never get 9 again in this state. ODWC is who’s proposing it.

07-Dec-19
I couldn't agree more with PushCoArcher.

08-Dec-19
Quailhunter your right I should've said I wish the Conservation Commission (the real force behind this) would allow the states Wildlife biologists more of a say in the management of our deer herd. I understand that a lot of Oklahoma deer hunters would love more opportunities to put a deer in their freezer just like my 3 year old would eat ice cream for dinner every night if I let her. It seems to be part of a growing trend to try and make more money from our states wildlife resources instead of properly managing them.

16-Dec-19
Well you’re probably right. I was just thinking there can’t be too many people that need 6 deer.

17-Dec-19
You hunters and wildlife lovers of this great state have to know that ODWC is made up of 350 trained biologists and wardens. These crazy ideas were never brought to the forefront of the agenda until the last couple years. I would be willing to bet that the majority of the ODWC in the know are opposed to the changes at least for the entire state. If there is biological data and stats that support the expansion of firearm seasons and harvests then by all means provide maximum opportunity to the great sportsmen and women of THIS state. I for one am yet to see the facts provided for the proposed action to be justified. ODWC works for us and the voices of sportsmen and women will hault any unneeded legislation but the sound of silence may prove to be the undoing of a FANTASTIC deer herd and wonderful success story of deer herd restoration. Speak up people while u have the chance to do so!!!!!!!! Whatever the opinion it has to be presented to be heard.

18-Dec-19
Does ODWC decide on these changes or the legislature? I thought the department was only research, advisory and enforcement but the legislature could pass any regulation they want regardless of the data.

18-Dec-19
U are correct in ur thinking Lost Arra. The people are the only thing that can stop changes in the end.

19-Dec-19
I have no problem with it - but make it to where private lands have to be opened up for public hunting.

19-Dec-19
Huh?

19-Dec-19
Great idea dt1963! That would cancel out the legislation. It isn't public hunters that want this. At least not the majority of public land hunters. Oklahoma is 97% private so im sure something like that wouldn't work as it kinda works in new mexico

19-Dec-19
WMAs are only open first 9 days as it stands now.

20-Dec-19
Some are open 16days

20-Dec-19
Ouachita McCurtain and Leflore are open 16 already. That combined with the 16 soon too be 23 days of adjacent landowners sitting in towers with rifles right on the fence of our bow ONLY wmas will be taking a toll on the mature buck population.

20-Dec-19
Didn’t realize some of your SE ones were. Don’t know of any up here that are.

18-Feb-20
With the legalization of crossbows rifle season runs oct1-jan15.. just my .02

I've lost some amazing early season archery spots on public to a bunch of people who walk around with a crossbow in the woods like they are squirrel hunting

19-Feb-20
The extended rifle proposal is dead.

• Sitka Gear