BigJim44m 10-Dec-19
dirtclod Az. 10-Dec-19
BigJim44m 13-Dec-19
dirtclod Az. 13-Dec-19
BigJim44m 16-Mar-20
StickFlicker 17-Mar-20
Glunker 30-Sep-20
06-Dec-19
Anyone hunt this unit before for spring Bear? Wondering how many bears there are if they only issue 5 tags?

06-Dec-19
Back in the day,we were told there was a Bear per every square mile. That was 25yrs ago.Saw lots of sign every hunt,only one Bear seen in 14yrs of hunting.5 tags is not a good sign.It used to be OTC during archery Deer. I would find somewhere else to hunt.

09-Dec-19
dirtclod, I believe the "bear per square mile" that G&F used to mention was for the whole strip of prime bear country running across the Mogollon Rim area of the state, not unit 6B specifically. I've hunted in 6B a lot over the years, and I've never seen a bear in the unit, but I have seen sign on occasion.

09-Dec-19
StickFlicker,your probably correct on on he strip of prime Bear country. Usually saw sign,but not Bears.

10-Dec-19
Well I was lucky enough to get tag number 4. Need to get out and do more scouting. I was surprised on my first scouting trip by all the trees. Not an easy area to try and glass.

10-Dec-19
Right On!Now you've got your work cut out for you. Good luck,keep us informed on how the scouting goes. When is the hunt?

13-Dec-19
March 20 - April 30

13-Dec-19
Thanks Big Jim44m.

16-Mar-20
Interesting note: Almost all Forest roads going into the unit are closed and no exact date when they will open them. Season starts Friday. Can’t park on the side of roads in Coconino county due to snow play until April 1st.

17-Mar-20
Welcome to Arizona! Last year, on my bison hunt, the only paved road that went within 50 miles of the bison hunt area was closed for the first six weeks of the season (and is annually scheduled to be closed during those dates). The Forest roads, while technically not closed, were snowed under during that time as well. The state and the feds don't always play well together. Good luck on your hunt!

30-Sep-20
Retracted post

• Sitka Gear