grizzly 10-Dec-19
SD BuckBuster 11-Dec-19
Brotsky 11-Dec-19
grizzly 11-Dec-19
DR 12-Dec-19
grizzly 16-Dec-19
Brotsky 17-Dec-19
08-Dec-19
Its hard to tell the conditions out west from the east side of the state. Anyone got an idea of how much snow cover around Custer and west of there ? summit ridge or elk mountains? Thinking of burning some more vacation time. Plus, no one has posted on here for awhile. Could be a long winter.

09-Dec-19
It's not too bad out there from what I've heard. Will know more in a week or so.

10-Dec-19
I'd say we only have about 3-4" here outside Hill City so it's very minimal

10-Dec-19
Thanks for the report. Headed that way with the muzzle loader. Traveling, hunting or doing anything outdoor related this time of year is always a crap shoot as to what can happen. Little more preparation and safety taken into consideration. Got my fingers crossed. We only live once and this tag doesn't come around very often. Thanks

11-Dec-19
Good luck out there. What tag is it?

11-Dec-19
Good luck Grizzly, I'll be out there 12/17-12/22. Hopefully you're able to find a buck worthy of the tag.

11-Dec-19
Muzzle loader any deer. Thanks and good luck to you. Had a real nice one 1st day of archery hunting early November coming down my trail. Leather on palm of glove squeaked on riser and he changed his angle. Didn't take the 70 yd shot so he walked. Good to see him though. Doubt he will still be in same place but hey, you never know.

12-Dec-19
I would add that is where there is snow. Lots has melted and frozen so it's crunchy where there is still a couple inches.

16-Dec-19
Just got back. Saw more elk than deer. Quite a few cow elk hunters around. Pleasant trip with nothing brought home. Still have time on this side of state. Lots of crunchy snow to navigate. Still managed to see some deer and cover some new ground. Always good to get some exercise. Had the Hells canyon bighorn sheep herd come over a hill and pass us by while in the truck. 60 some sheep with little care in the world that we were there. Yes, kind of tame I would say. They were fun to watch with several nice rams in the bunch.

17-Dec-19
Sounds like a fun trip grizzly! I have many photos and videos of that sheep herd. The rams are starting to get some age on them.

• Sitka Gear