Rock 20-Dec-19
dirtclod Az. 20-Dec-19
StickFlicker 21-Dec-19
dirtclod Az. 22-Dec-19
creed 22-Dec-19
dirtclod Az. 22-Dec-19
osage 23-Jan-20
12-Dec-19
Has anyone archery hunted the units that boarder Mexico. I would like to go to one of the units in January. Wondering if anyone has had any encounters with illegals or drug runners and if vehicles were broken into. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks

12-Dec-19

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo
yup

12-Dec-19
Yes you will see signs of illegals and the waste they leave behind. For the most part they don't want to be seen by you.Just like the Rattlesnakes, they are more afraid of you than you are of them...Ha!Ha!If you believe that I got some Ocean Side property in Az.for sale.Be safe hunt farther north.

15-Dec-19
If the illegals don’t screw up your hunt you can bet money the droves of quail hunters will

15-Dec-19
What’s wrong with quail hunters? They’re not doing anything illegal.

16-Dec-19
If I'm not hunting Deer mid-day I am hunting Quail! And a cold one!

16-Dec-19
If I'm not hunting Deer mid-day I am hunting Quail! And a cold one!

16-Dec-19
I didn’t say they were doing anything illegal but nothing runs deer out of an area faster and more efficiently than a hunting dog and a guy with a gun.

20-Dec-19
If you are hunting the southern areas is it wise/stupid or even legal to carry a handgun (with a concealed carry permit)?

20-Dec-19
Ron:

Citizens are allowed to carry concealed in AZ without any type of permit required. It’s not a bad idea when down in that area.

20-Dec-19
It used to be illegal to carry a handgun while bowhunting, in AZ, but that was changed a few years ago to allow citizens to protect themselves from illegals and drug runners. Also, as Roy states, no concealed carry permit needed in AZ.

20-Dec-19
Thanks for the replies, a friend who use to live there had told me he thought it was illegal to carry while bowhunting which is why I asked. Now just need to get down there and see if any of my old spots are still any good.

20-Dec-19
Any questions Call AZGF 602-942-3000 Conceal a Weapon carry a conceal permit. Federal Law.Unconcealed no problems in Az.

21-Dec-19

StickFlicker's embedded Photo
StickFlicker's embedded Photo

StickFlicker's Link
dirtclod, you seem to state that you must have a concealed weapon permit to carry a concealed weapon in Arizona, and I just don't believe that's the case anymore, as Roy (an ex law enforcement officer) stated above. I'm really not sure why someone would want to get the permit if they lived in AZ, other than perhaps be able to carry concealed in other states while travelling. As far as the Game and Fish Department is concerned, when carrying a handgun during an archery only season, it must meat certain qualifications to show that it is for protection and not hunting. I can't seem to find those limitations in the regulations, but as I recall the barrel couldn't exceed more than 6", could not have a scope, etc. I'll see if I can find them. Meanwhile, here is some detail about Arizona's concealed carry laws that I found. Obviously, one should check with a law enforcement agency to be absolutely sure (although they often vary in their answers depending on who you speak to and how ignorant of the current laws they happen to be).

22-Dec-19
Thanks for the info.When Myself,Father and Mother took the Concealed class things were completely different!

22-Dec-19
I was one of the four that pushed the commission to allow bowhunter carry with Dave Sipe being the front man. There is a 6" barrel restriction. At the time the department really had no alternative than to issue an executive order to allow handgun carry for self defense. I had talked to WM's that were not enforcing carry regardless. It was long overdue.

22-Dec-19
Good on you creed and Dave.I always carried while Archery hunting,just never let it be known.

23-Jan-20
No permit needed to carry in Arizona. I got one anyway because Arizona has reciprocity in quite a few other states.

• Sitka Gear