Rut Nut 19-Dec-19
LostNwoods 20-Dec-19
arrowsmith 24-Dec-19
huntinelk 24-Dec-19
arrowsmith 24-Dec-19
Thunderflight 24-Dec-19
Bowhunter s 24-Dec-19
16-Dec-19
I just noticed a couple weeks ago that they gave us some extra days this year. 12/26-1/20 this year Statewide.

17-Dec-19
How about the proposals for next year Rut! See the UBP e-news letter?

17-Dec-19
Art- check out my post in the "Hunter Numbers" thread. I think / hope the UBP is on to something here. I believe that at least one more week could and would be possible for sure but why not ask for the whole thing in hopes of making a deal on at least one.

17-Dec-19
I keep forgetting to forward that to my phone e-mail. I can’t read those newsletters at work for som reason.

18-Dec-19
Rut... I believe those extra days should follow the traditional closing day, and go right up to the opening of rifle season. jmo

18-Dec-19
I will try and get my kids out to take advantage of the late season. Ground blind, hot chocolate and little buddy heater should let us last a couple hrs if it is really cold out....They both have the green light on doe now but my daughter keeps saying buck or bust for her first deer. We shall see....

18-Dec-19
What is the history or logic behind closing season before reopening for extended season? Is it to allow for small game hunters to hunt without additional pressure from deer hunters?

19-Dec-19
They have not been doing that for very long. Probably a social issue. There are still old guys out there that think we have too much time to hunt.

19-Dec-19
No logic, just history

19-Dec-19
It's so the deer can "rest" Rambow! ;-)

20-Dec-19
A game warden once told me that I ne week really gives the deer a break and when it starts back up they are not as pressured and the first week usually has high harvest then deer get smart again. Gives them a break.

24-Dec-19
Question for my PA neighbors. Am I able to participate your late archery season as a non resident? I am in western NY and would like to continue to bowhunt. Are licenses still available? Are they for buck or doe, or both. Any help appreciated.

24-Dec-19
You will definitely be able to get a license and buck tag. You will probably be out of luck for a doe tag, unless there is some type special regs area near where you want to hunt that might have options to get an antler less tag.

24-Dec-19
Thank you.

24-Dec-19
Arrowsmith, if you use a flintlock u can shoot a doe with your buck tag.

24-Dec-19
Yea, your buck tag is good for a doe anywhere in pa but that's only with a flintlock, bring on muzzy season , I run to woods after work with my flinter love it. Think I like it better then archery.

• Sitka Gear