Contributors to this thread:
Red Beastmaster 28-Dec-19
Bob Hildenbrand 28-Dec-19
hawkeye in PA 28-Dec-19
Red Beastmaster 29-Dec-19
Bob Hildenbrand 29-Dec-19
hawkeye in PA 29-Dec-19
28-Dec-19
Well, we had lots of fire but no ice this year. Temps in the 50's made for a comfortable late season hunt with my trad shooting friends.

Half a dozen of us met here at my place. I had a big fire going comprised mostly of gift boxes and wrappings. Add a few pallets and you've got a good start to the mornings events. We shot the bull and our bows as we caught up with each other. It's been a week since we were together, a lot can happen in a whole week!

Then we walked to the woodlot where I posted each stander at historically good spots. I made a big loop through the bedding area and soon saw a few tails headed toward my buddys. Oh boy, somebody is about to get some action!

I finished the drive and found that Jerry (Woodland Gnome) was the only one to see deer. Eight does and fawns came to him and stopped just out of range. They turned and headed out of the woods in a corner we didn't cover. Ah crap!

We went back to my range and ate some awesome pulled pork sandwiches. I got the recipe from our host at the SC hog camp we go to. This batch turned out really good. We might not be great hunters but we sure can eat good!

We shot my bag course and laughed like good friends should, followed by a cold one by the now smoldering campfire. Good times. We kind of hated to break it up but soon everyone headed home. What a great day!

28-Dec-19
No ice...lotta hot air. Yes Roy...Sivits was there:^) David, thank you brother for hosting the get together. Good day for sure.

28-Dec-19
Glad you guys had a good hunt! How would them deer know where the gnome was?

29-Dec-19
They saw Jerrys face and white beard and figured he was the back end of a deer.

29-Dec-19
Can't figure out how they saw him? He was standing behind a 12 " log that was laying on the ground.

29-Dec-19
Kinda conflicting stories guys. I thought woodland gnomes where pretty much invisible in their natural settings even with out the log. I do know they make noise in the swamps though.

• Sitka Gear